Why??? Why is NCL.com soooo out of date

intrepid_guy

Why is NCL.com soooo out of date. I am talking about the SPIRIT specifically. For example, the deck plans do not show the changes done in the October drydock - like the expanded photo shop and other shopping instead of the picture house, they dont show Maharinin's or the art gallery. I also checked out photos on their website and they still have pictures (which are fine but mis-identified) of the Bund (now Shanghai bar), Moulin Rouge Show Room (now the Stardust Lounge), Champagne Charlies with the old furnishings and wall art, Le Bistro is still listed as "Maxims", Shogun is listed as Bamboo, they don't mention Cagney's and Maharini's is not listed.

Check it out yourself at --- http://www.ncl.com/fleet/spirit/pubrms.htm

I am so confused as to why one of America's top 3 cruise lines would have REALLY dated information on their website... I mean really, the SPIRIT went in to drydock in October ( 5 months ago ) and nothing has changed since then...

~Intrepid

They had posted something a while back that they did maintenance and updating on their voyages and pricing site from 11 to 7 which is why it was down.

And sometimes they do this in the middle of the day on Saturdays, which just cracks me up. They might as well just post links to other cruiseline sites.

NCL is so far behind other Cruise Lines when it comes to their website. I wish they allowed actual pre-booking of shore excursions. Where you log in, see what shorex are offered for your cruise and are able to book and confirm right away (instead of pre requesting).

And have you ever tried sending them an email? Am I missing something or do they not post an email address?

It even LOOKS totally hokey. You would think they would try to sell the shore excursions a little harder, too. Nothing like "print your own PDF form and mail it to us" to make me say: PASS.

I have spoken with customer service reps who know less than I do.

Carnival wins hands down in the NCL/CCL debate in terms of land- and e-based customer service.

And have you ever tried sending them an email? Am I missing something or do they not post an email address?

Carnival wins hands down in the NCL/CCL debate in terms of land- and e-based customer service.

Hear, hear! I registered on Carnival's site and the next day had a phone call from a Carnival rep thanking me for registering. A couple of days later I updated my profile with my Carnival past guest number (which I was able to search for online), and I got another call. I was so impressed that I was ready to book a cruise on the spot.

I have posted this before, but NCL is obviously not committed to promoting its services for direct booking or its website would be greatly enhanced.

I have to agree that NCL's website is woefully outdated, and desperately in need of a serious makeover! :(

Over the past six weeks or so, I've begun to notice a few subtle changes, but nothing dramatic. I'm hoping to be able to chat with the IT coordinator aboard the Dawn, to see if perhaps there is a plan in place to get the site more up-to-date, both information-wise, and feature-wise.

I'll post here if I'm able to get any good news! ;)

I agree, the NCL website could use some upgrading and updating.

It's taken me awhile to learn my way through it, and the often woefully lack of information that's available.

But if they are going to completely revamp it, I hope it includes a search feature that works. Otherwise it'll take me another while to find all the info people ask for.

It would also be really nice for them to include online transactions. That alone should free up many phone representatives, and hopefully NCL's customer support services can be improved.

My theory has been that they only want an online brochure to draw people in, and then they can use their crackerjack phone reps to sell the cruises. That is the only explanation for the lame site. But it just doesn't make any sense! I always book through Expedia, which I love, and you can do absolutely everything on line up until the day you board the ship. Why would NCL try to limit the amount of online contact? The only answer I can think of is what I put above.

I must agree that the NCL web site is one of the most pitiful that we have tried to use.

We have given up, and go to other sites, to look at NCL information which we have not been able to find on their site. The info is probably there, but it is a tedious circuitous route to find anything - and tests ones patience.

I have sent e-mails directly to Mr. Veitch about this, and he did reply saying that after the first of the year (That's Now NCL!!) the site would be greatly improved. OK, perhaps the above 3/31 date is the Magic One!.

There is no contact email for a web administrator anywhere on the site.

So I can't contact them to let them know

1) Pride of Hawaii not on main list of ships, yet all info for it is there if you find obscure link on hawaii itinerary section.

2) pride of hawaii not available on pull down menu of pre-reg form

3) The wording describing which form to use for American flagged ships is ridiculously confusing and contradictory.

4) The site map link (main index) is this little tiny link hiding at the bottom...

5) There is a seperate link for repositioning specials, but it just takes you to main specials page. Either put repositioning specials under their own section or remove link.

6) This link needs to explicitly state that jeans are not permitted (except texas) http://www.ncl.com/freestyle/qanda.htm

There is no contact email for a web administrator anywhere on the site.

So I can't contact them to let them know

1) Pride of Hawaii not on main list of ships, yet all info for it is there if you find obscure link on hawaii itinerary section.

2) pride of hawaii not available on pull down menu of pre-reg form

3) The wording describing which form to use for American flagged ships is ridiculously confusing and contradictory.

4) The site map link (main index) is this little tiny link hiding at the bottom...

5) There is a seperate link for repositioning specials, but it just takes you to main specials page. Either put repositioning specials under their own section or remove link.

6) This link needs to explicitly state that jeans are not permitted (except texas) http://www.ncl.com/freestyle/qanda.htm

Registrant:

Kloster Cruise Limited/Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

US

Domain Name: NCL.COM

Administrative Contact:

Norwegian Cruise Line Limited webmaster@NCL.COM

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

US

999 999 9999 fax: 999 999 9999

Technical Contact:

Callahan, Glenn webmaster@NCL.COM

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 NW 19TH ST

MIAMI, FL 33126-1201

US

305-436-4520 fax: 877-810-1675

Cheers,

Norman

I was very frustrated before our cruise on the Spirit in Sept 2005, that we had no access to view the Spirit's webcam.

I too would like to see the updated deck plans and correct names for the different areas that were changed in the dry dock.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hikini:D

I agree they are so far behind in the times. Let's hope they do update their site in March. As for my frustration, I sent them this email and am still waiting a response (I did call them and to no avail as to answer from a live person)

When will you be updating this? I will be cruising in a few months on the Jewel and I have no idea what I can choose from. I am almost being forced into booking private tours.

Wow! Norman is the KING!!!!!!!!!! :D

Don't know how you found it, but good work! ;)

Hope you're not freezing too badly! :eek:

He didn't find it on the site...he did a domain registration search. LOL. Good job, Norman.

That was a pretty funny list, Mike Kaye. I recently got an e-mail survey from NCL that wanted to know my opinion on various potential Hawaiian itineraries they're considering. The survey had some major errors in it that rendered whatever results they got invalid. Could I e-mail them to warn them about this? Why, no, I could not!

NCL policy: Don't e-mail us, we'll e-mail you! We have better things to do than hear from customers!

Thank God their onboard service is so great, because those poor crews have to work double-time to make up for the lousy land-based service.

Archived