Infinity

Cruise Junky

Hi…I have no issues with the M. Class ships, so not worried about her size. Is there any truth to Infinity and Connie leaving the fleet?  Just booked Europe 2023 and hate to think I’ll have to start over and scramble for a back up. 

I don’t believe she’s been dry docked lately for any revitalization? 

thanks 

2 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Hi…I have no issues with the M. Class ships, so not worried about her size. Is there any truth to Infinity and Connie leaving the fleet?  Just booked Europe 2023 and hate to think I’ll have to start over and scramble for a back up. 

thanks 

We were on infinity summer 2019, lovely ship. We were told she was due to go in for a refit early 2020. As far as I know that did not happen due to Covid.

There are many recent threads on here about what will happen to the Infinity. It’s all speculation, no one knows on here. 

Seeing that the Infinity was dry docked to make her suitable for sailing to Antarctica, I would think Celebrity has no plans to get rid of her. But again, this is just my logic.

• Like 1

But I still think Elon musk will buy it and make it a space cruiser.  Probably as close to any information out there with all the rumors.  Been rumors for many many years that infinity constellation etc were being moved elsewhere and well still had not happened.  Eventually someone will be correct 

Nobody really knows except the folks up in the C-Suites. I'm sure that they have a $$ number at which the sell just about any ship for, but unless someone comes knocking and and ponies up an offer its just speculation. Recently a lot of ships have left the major lines and while some were speculated about, others were total surprises. I would not be surprised if a lot of negotiations are also going on between the lines and builders about slowing down or delaying some of the new builds under contract. The lines have to be worried about when they will see the cash flow get back to pre-Covid levels, especially as they have all taken on massive amounts of debt over the past 2 years in order to just survive. 

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

thanks 

As for Constellation, I'd be surprised if it happened very soon.  They just put a load of high $ regular maintenance into the propulsion system that, in these tough financial times, would have more comfortably been left to a future owner.  They also blasted the hull to the metal and gave it the classic X paint job.  It will take a few seasons to amortize all of that.