Vax Card X 2

FijiFlip

Hello fellow cruisers. When I received my 2nd dose of the covid vaccine, I did not have the card that was given to me for the 1st dose I took a month earlier. They entered the information for the 2nd dose on a new card so, I now have 2 Vax cards .. One for each dose. They are the official cards from the health department and  have all the required information on them. Has anyone else that has sailed with Carnival had this same situation? Is having the information on 2 different cards a problem?

Thanks

Flip

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I was given two cards from the beginning. I used them to cruise on the Dream last month. Not a word was said. I just showed them both cards and the dates. I keep them in a plastic sleeve so that one shows on one side and the second one on the other side.

Thank you soooo soooo much for the response. My stress level is so high with all of these protocols and variables. This is a huge stress reducer for me. Thank you!

• Like 4

I had the same situation.  I went to the same facility (county health department) for the two doses, and they gave me a separate card for each of the two doses.  They were accepted without question.  The agent who checked them was training a new person, and he explained to the new person that this happens occasionally and there is no problem as long as all the information is completed correctly.

• Like 2

Lots of luck to OP, glad others have been successful with your same issue.

Anyone know if they give you a hard time if they can't read the LOT number.  The folks at the county health department where I got my 2 dose shot, were not exactly very neat with putting on the stickers and the second sticker covers some of the other.

Luckily date shows clearly for both shots, but the LOT # is not?

Stressing and wanting to move the sticker but afraid to make it "invalid"??

15 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I had the same situation.  I went to the same facility (county health department) for the two doses, and they gave me a separate card for each of the two doses.  They were accepted without question.  The agent who checked them was training a new person, and he explained to the new person that this happens occasionally and there is no problem as long as all the information is completed correctly.

Awesome! Thank you!

You should have no issue. I am going through my State's DHHS to get "replacement' cards. I have been successful for my wife and I. It is a pain getting one for my daughter. I am from the background of always having a backup plan. It is so crazy, when we go somewhere I always look for exit plans in case something happens. I will have a set of the cards and my wife will as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, New2Cruising24 said:

Lots of luck to OP, glad others have been successful with your same issue.

Anyone know if they give you a hard time if they can't read the LOT number.  The folks at the county health department where I got my 2 dose shot, were not exactly very neat with putting on the stickers and the second sticker covers some of the other.

Luckily date shows clearly for both shots, but the LOT # is not?

Stressing and wanting to move the sticker but afraid to make it "invalid"??

Thank you for that wish of luck! I'm not sure on that one. Things like that send me right over the edge LOL. From the responses I got about my 2 card issue, it would seem that would have been seen multiple times at the port and not be a problem. I hope someone else that has had the same issue can give you some peace of mind also. 🤞

Flip

Edited by FijiFlip
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

You should have no issue. I am going through my State's DHHS to get "replacement' cards. I have been successful for my wife and I. It is a pain getting one for my daughter. I am from the background of always having a backup plan. It is so crazy, when we go somewhere I always look for exit plans in case something happens. I will have a set of the cards and my wife will as well.

Replacement cards aren't necessary in CA. Visit https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ fill out the simple info and they will send you a QR code to your phone and an option to save it to photos and/or an additional copy to Google pay. The second even gives you a nice widget app on the phone to easily pull it up. California has made it easy since you need them to attend sporting events, concerts, some bars/restaurants etc. Took me all of two min. Most places (including cruise operators) will also accept a immunization record from your health care provider. Easy peasy.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Replacement cards aren't necessary in CA. Visit https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ fill out the simple info and they will send you a QR code to your phone and an option to save it to photos and/or an additional copy to Google pay. The second even gives you a nice widget app on the phone to easily pull it up. California has made it easy since you need them to attend sporting events, concerts, some bars/restaurants etc. Took me all of two min. Most places (including cruise operators) will also accept a immunization record from your health care provider. Easy peasy.   

We don't have that in NC to my knowledge. I will have to look into this to see if there is a way to view it online...just in case. 

17 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

We don't have that in NC to my knowledge. I will have to look into this to see if there is a way to view it online...just in case. 

My bad, I thought you were from CA, I seem to recall you saying that you were from the greater Sacramento area one time. Must have mixed you up for someone else. There are about 12-15 states that have similar programs. Worth checking out if NC is included. 

• Like 1