Where is the anthem?

maggieq

Very grateful 👍 for the initial coverage, but sort of really killed the momentum there at the end. LOL Would have loved to see her backing into the dock in that glorious sunshine! Guess we’ll have a lot more opportunities later. It was exciting while it lasted. 

☹️

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was on her for her initial arrive to Cape Liberty (Nov 4, 2015) ... and I slept through it.  😄

But it was a been there / done that moment, since I was on Quantum for her initial arrival the year before (Nov 10, 2014).  

As many times as I’ve cruised under bridges on ships, it never gets old. Just a wonderful thrill! 

6 minutes ago, matt1 said:

As many times as I’ve cruised under bridges on ships, it never gets old. Just a wonderful thrill! 

Yeah, I agree, but IIRC the weather was not very "user friendly" that morning.

It was very interesting being on board Oasis last month when we sailed under the bridge.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, matt1 said:

It totally is. I have done two sailaways under the 25th of April Bridge in Lisbon and it was awe-inspiring both times. Hoping to get the chance to sail out of NJ and experience the Verrazzano Bridge in spring 2023. Under the original plan it would have been spring this year. 😞

• Like 1

…and I can see my balcony (red arrow), all the way from West Virginia! 🤣 Can’t wait until she pulls out and I can get a better feel on how it levels out to the Tear Drop Memorial. Looks like it’ll be just perfect! 

379155A0-8188-4F11-9B92-880EF8CC51DC.jpeg

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It totally is. I have done two sailaways under the 25th of April Bridge in Lisbon and it was awe-inspiring both times. Hoping to get the chance to sail out of NJ and experience the Verrazzano Bridge in spring 2023. Under the original plan it would have been spring this year. 😞

I did a sailaway on Azamara Journey (Oasis lifeboat 😄 ) under the 25th of April bridge.  My Mom and Dad were also on the sailing, and my Mom's birthday is ... April 25th.  🙂

I've done many, many sailings under the V ... Nordic Prince x 2, Premier Seabreeze, Premier Rembrandt, Celebrity Summit, Quantum, Anthem x 3, Adventure, Oasis.  Next up ... Anthem x 3.

The Key Bridge in Baltimore is also a tight one to sail under.  And that is on a Vision class ship.

My biggest "wow" moment was sailing Norwegian Crown (Oct 2003) through the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal and under the route 1 and route 13 bridges (that I've crossed by car many times).  Then we sailed the Cape Cod Canal and under several bridges that I crossed by car for the first time in August. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, matt1 said:

…and I can see my balcony (red arrow), all the way from West Virginia! 🤣 Can’t wait until she pulls out and I can get a better feel on how it levels out to the Tear Drop Memorial. Looks like it’ll be just perfect! 

From my deck 12 balcony on Oasis last month.

7lMpVECTDiHnQVV7Dd1161VChAS6AvMA8uUNQV7pvEK0FxcgjBsZw2et57sdQFBgcytIjbNyd6XkjUbn9LLTYzG6faXrd1_7dROtTslzmh-iAhv_Jp30L_S7Rd006BEvPJjGTN72hJfjxuoXC-sC5Cj8JQ0tN8hxdPMlsjHgxEe1PSaEJaBAauDndwUwrnvvktaAk8JHef6AG1jhd44oX8AT3OFvZT5dnMtb_R73TlUuyZjIgUBk4cltwBeLAhcFOV-X0h5xi-hgEKv9TxG2NxZAc64gJs0D45T1VJmjbQM2vaWFjsVdrJ6p7RFFINMFgnhu3l_WZaCUbAiGULAWGOdBXq8vSQVRUGTUlE4fna4e1_ykelKT17TKxey-0gAhZjD-AjXQH_F6hPKOeHyL0RQ1pZvy_yWhEXe2fXjRyz3vIckcE3zZL6FqJ1qI6zn-Sc7TkOy4XWvNyKjwL7NMQ_Sc327-tLGfC9A489SF8ezPnCXS0cvFOCUZ2RcPCeQ88tp7JqHAn0af7vSKDLh2kBLdpon6F2DaLSc1NuVX2O45qCL9qolnh183FGRGZKkkBf3JZccKVgb_4zCn5NMG2JE7IHPbjVGynqCOds5qxJZBs6WJX5oF8tGhcPWst_BmgDF1sCfnL-m1kAWc_ntMGlXm-H6t8OyYI_Y_lnEZ-AbnnpRRa41eqixVbELzQtD7fKQpxTsfJ0J--SZqzvhYH1s=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

Edited by Another_Critic

9 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

From my deck 12 balcony on Oasis last month.…

PERFECT, great picture! I’ll be two decks down (albeit on a smaller ship LOL) so great pics from my balcony as well, almost even with the actual “tear drop”. Either that, or from the little amidships “patio” on Deck 5 that’s between the lifeboats, all weather dependent. I’m going to be a basket case for the next 28 days! 🤪

Edited by matt1

3 minutes ago, matt1 said:

PERFECT, great picture! I’ll be two decks down (albeit on a smaller ship LOL) so great pics from my balcony as well, almost even with the actual “tear drop”. Either that, or from the little amidships “patio” on Deck 5 that’s between the lifeboats, all weather dependent. I’m going to be a basket case for the next 28 days! 🤪

My balcony will be on the port side, deck 8.  So I should have a good view of Lady Liberty (and the NYC skyline).

ZEkeGug4n7s9OdGUkhnSIxEegoh0TkIozJxqg4sYgCco2ebr9-BJYSCEV6azzqdlS0qr2_jMKrbUoC1p4QuAj0S3RCtjizWaun9us3TgDUFybH0Jx-GkyqJvYy5MKGqsZCcXo-zPzsKPXJwmLwlsnMk9_JxmP5HmQyOJYNWmEKo0_R_mcsQaI1aRA4fcpqOwa5aI26if36aJNZcaXpfpB-NQ7sUM4gKZJo8kv-iQKp1ZROsVJdlEoHJAaYeRkELWSKx2PGz59HMq7_J4De9nqipQcGTjMPLtPWsYL-8fgw6kgW3UHhHYWBTvHHbfBDdtMehow0I4EV_xdYxRU6fExAW60mTCP4q3-kBpH27JYakwhdO38NXnrtuid9gXa2yqsYJZqBHRAr5uiD7acIoJ3ZnFIkH1wIP0dHV8CbplCW4wLYddKm0-0m6XcgBnsNxNq_mFGsTBCJyS2dsfBTEA7pSyYUw4ysP4h-b6m52gDguog_olJZhvemjV6GvWj09hYba6F9A1dR7R9wsUkaXSUzCNcmhEVFyn8UQHU0-NSYFBlJ4Fm8StSo1lQbd0ZiVei-DuBfa5DLZeZ2w6Oeqy7eH_WgTiL703k9FxBR2_UZGUl-Tf2pJeUo6xdE3exSI8W7AmQe9SXlH76B8cjm7zw0Qv1_YrCVfsRfptZ59oAqLYsNID-oTdBEgsdgybuKyMjLoT6qYNVcAf8u7sH2YCugY=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

Just now, Another_Critic said:

My balcony will be on the port side, deck 8.  So I should have a good view of Lady Liberty (and the NYC skyline).

Wow! So very nice. I’m just praying 🙏🏻 that we have good weather that week. But I’ll take what’s given. 😉

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

Oh, WOW!!! That first pic looks like a flying saucer! And I completely forgot, and your pictures reminded me, we’ll be leaving at 5pm, which is a half-hour or more after sunset. I plan on being there fairly early to drop off luggage and park the car, and had planned on walking over to the memorial before getting in line for embarkation. 

3 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Oh, WOW!!! That first pic looks like a flying saucer! And I completely forgot, and your pictures reminded me, we’ll be leaving at 5pm, which is a half-hour or more after sunset. I plan on being there fairly early to drop off luggage and park the car, and had planned on walking over to the memorial before getting in line for embarkation. 

The first picture posted upside down lol  That is why I deleted it.  Those pictures are actually the morning we arrived back in port.

• Like 1