Does Anyone Believe the Azamara App is Useful?

ChucktownSteve

Maybe it's me but the only ship I find available on the Azamara App is the Journey.  The Quest is sailing. I have a cruise on her in less than 60 days but it's not one of the supported ships available.

I sent feedback from the Azamara app and this is what I received in reply from a rep at an App Feedback message <appfeedback@rccl.com>

Thank you for reaching out regarding ships supported on our app. Please make sure you have the most updated version of the app installed. Currently the Celebrity App supports the following ships: Celebrity Apex, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Silhouette, Celebrity Summit.

When I pointed out I supplied feedback from the Azamara app, I received this reply: Thank you for replying back. Apologies for the error. Yes, currently Pursuit is the only ship supported on the Azamara app. As ships return to service they may be added. 

Isn't the Quest sailing?  We've had several reports on this board from those cruisers.

It appears to me that RCG is still managing the Azamara App and doesn't care about the customer experience since Azamara split off.  I'd like to see the Sycamore Partners step up and do something useful with the App so it's functional as more of their ships begin to sail.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The App has to pull data from the website, and the RCG IT department will continue to support the website for a while yet [no ETA for a split off that I know of].

LOL and we all know how good their IT is. Guess no support for Apps since it will cost RCG.

At least on the positive side I'll co-earn on my Captains Club for the upcoming cruise until they complete the split.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

10 hours ago, uktog said:

The app has only ever supported Pursuit even pre Sycamore days and it was as useful as a chocolate teapot 

I found the app useless. My observation was that almost everyone on the Pursuit was walking/sitting around looking at the app on their phone or computer. I disconnect from technology while cruising as much as possible.

• Like 1

About the only people who might actually think that the Azamara App is useful might be the employees of the Azamara IT department.  It could be worse.  Go onto the Princess board and read some of the many thousands of Medallion posts on the board.  At least you can ignore the Azamara app and cruise w/o it.

DON

Some of the entertainment team thought it was a great idea and kept mentioning it to guests in shows and at trivia. Hope they got the message eventually that it was pointless in the format they were using. 
I’m pretty tech ok and use lots of apps in various situations but I’m yet to be convinced my ones on river and ocean lines. I’ve tried four now and found them more trouble than they are worth 

On the Pursuit cruise I was on, early in the introduction, the app was the only thing you could use to book excursions, see how much OBC you had, and get other info. It worked kinda but had a lot of bugs. Sadly, the IT department didn't deal with it well.

We were on the Pursuit a couple of years ago (time flies), and let me flip this around.  We had old technology phones that did not support the AZ app. Not having the app I "missed out" on looking up my account info which I could get a print-out by going to guest relations. The interactive TV didn't show that on the Pursuit, at that time.  I thought I was missing out, but based on these comments here, I guess not!

• Like 1