Current Persian Gardens rules scheduling?

bikerunner

Anyone who sailed recently know how the Persian gardens are working.  I usually buy the pass for it for the length of cruise, if not staying in AQ since I do use it every day, sometimes twice a day. Is celebrity requiring appts/scheduling for the use?  I might upgrade to AQ on my coming cruise, would easily if it was S class with the price but on M class, I know there not same but I do use them when on there also especially the steam/wet and herbal eucalyptus rooms.  Always enjoyed them.  

13 minutes ago, JaneAustenCruiser said:

What's your favorite thing about it?

Just a personal thing. Im very active in many sports/activities that are very fatiguing, think mnt climbing, long distance cycling etc.  The rooms help recovery and also esp for Caribbean always made it easy to get the suntan lotion off with going into the wet sauna to dry sauna.  Also love the cold room on the reflection, many benefits to that.  Use to always use the cold plunge pool when at the gym to help recovery.  Many dont like it, I find it beneficial overall.  Its not an activity for me but more a relaxation break from everything.   

While I haven't been on a Celebrity ship since the restart seems like everything I've read that the Thermal suites are as it was before. Have you seen differently? I will know this Saturday. 

The Sauna and steam rooms are an enjoyable way of relaxing. I wish Celebrity Thermal suites had more places to lay down in and relax similar to how NCL designs their thermal suites. This way you can lay down and cool down in-between visits to the sauna and steam rooms (The relaxation Rooms that are present in all Celebrity Spas are really meant to be utilized as a pre-therapy/treatment waiting room

and aren't designed or located to be for cool down sessions post sauna/steam room).

I was in AQ on our last cruise and they are taking reservations not to exceed the number of loungers. Each reservation was for one hour but you could book back to back if you wanted. On our 12 day cruise, we were able to use the Persian Garden every day, although not always our preferred times. If you are a planner, just make reservations first thing for the duration of the cruise and you will be good to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I was in AQ on our last cruise and they are taking reservations not to exceed the number of loungers. Each reservation was for one hour but you could book back to back if you wanted. On our 12 day cruise, we were able to use the Persian Garden every day, although not always our preferred times. If you are a planner, just make reservations first thing for the duration of the cruise and you will be good to go.

Didn't realize that. Can you make multiple reservations in one day? I like to use the facilities late morning and late afternoon every day.  

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Didn't realize that. Can you make multiple reservations in one day? I like to use the facilities late morning and late afternoon every day.  

Yes you can. My biggest problem is that I don't like to plan that far in advance while cruising so by the time I made reservations, I was getting what was left. Plan early and you can be there whenever you want!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I was in AQ on our last cruise and they are taking reservations not to exceed the number of loungers.

Thanks that was what I figured might be going on.   Now to figure it out...no issues scheduling overall but remembering is a whole different story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

Yes you can. My biggest problem is that I don't like to plan that far in advance while cruising so by the time I made reservations, I was getting what was left. Plan early and you can be there whenever you want!

Is this also true (Needing reservations) for Aquaclass? I'll be Aquaclass this Sat. On the Edge and next month on the Summit. If so that doesn't particularly seem fair. If they're basing it on the # of heated tile loungers that's only 8 people max per hour? What if you don't want to use the tile loungers but just the steam and sauna? 

We were on Edge in July in Aqua and did not have to make reservations for the Thermal suite. Things could have changed since July, of course. From what I've seen, the Edge Thermal Suite is a bit different from the Persian Garden area, so maybe that's the difference in needing reservation. It was lovely to just wander in when the mood struck. The view from the dry sauna is pretty spectacular as well. 

20 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Just a personal thing. Im very active in many sports/activities that are very fatiguing, think mnt climbing, long distance cycling etc.  The rooms help recovery and also esp for Caribbean always made it easy to get the suntan lotion off with going into the wet sauna to dry sauna.  Also love the cold room on the reflection, many benefits to that.  Use to always use the cold plunge pool when at the gym to help recovery.  Many dont like it, I find it beneficial overall.  Its not an activity for me but more a relaxation break from everything.   

Ah, I'll have to give it a try! I'm a runner and I do love a good sauna (Finnish ancestry, ya know. 😁)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any info about how the ships (Silhouette specifically, if anyone knows) are handling the Captain's Club "Elite" (I hate that word) benefit of free access to the Persian Gardens on one port day of your choice?   Are they asking folks to schedule this just as they seem to be doing for those who have purchased the pass or are in Aqua?

Thanks for any info.  We've never used that Captain's Club benefit before. 

On 10/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, lbryant said:

We were on Edge in July in Aqua and did not have to make reservations for the Thermal suite. Things could have changed since July, of course. From what I've seen, the Edge Thermal Suite is a bit different from the Persian Garden area, so maybe that's the difference in needing reservation. It was lovely to just wander in when the mood struck. The view from the dry sauna is pretty spectacular as well. 

Just off the Edge in Aquaclass and similar to your experience there were no reservations necessary to use the Thermal Suite. As an aside on Embarkation day the Thermal Suite isn't open until 5PM.

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Anyone have any info about how the ships (Silhouette specifically, if anyone knows) are handling the Captain's Club "Elite" (I hate that word) benefit of free access to the Persian Gardens on one port day of your choice?   Are they asking folks to schedule this just as they seem to be doing for those who have purchased the pass or are in Aqua?

Thanks for any info.  We've never used that Captain's Club benefit before. 

I was on Equinox in Sept and used my Elite pass. You have to still book a reservation and you can use it multiple times on that one day. I booked a 10am and then again 2pm on the same day. Port days only.

Edited by FLCruiser97
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 12:58 PM, bikerunner said:

Anyone who sailed recently know how the Persian gardens are working.  I usually buy the pass for it for the length of cruise, if not staying in AQ since I do use it every day, sometimes twice a day. Is celebrity requiring appts/scheduling for the use?  I might upgrade to AQ on my coming cruise, would easily if it was S class with the price but on M class, I know there not same but I do use them when on there also especially the steam/wet and herbal eucalyptus rooms.  Always enjoyed them.  

On Equinox no appts were necessary if you were in Aqua. (That was this past July). However, passes and limited appointments required by everyone else.