NCL "included air" questions

jfbbarry

My personal advice...don't be seduced by the seemingly low rates, especially for a long haul flight.  You have NO control over the reservation once made and CANNOT do any type of upgrade, even through the airline directly.  The airline can't "touch" that booking because it is owned by NCL...and NCL won't even talk to you about changing anything other than to say "no".

If you don't mind an overseas flight in economy...then go for it!

Every ticket is different - NCL will do whatever is cheapest under the circumstances.  Even people traveling from the same airport will get different flights - so if you are traveling with others, be sure to link the reservations if you want to fly together. Per their "guidelines" you will have up to 2 layovers.

NCL does not pay for baggage, however most international flights include 1 or 2 bags, depending on the destination. 

If you want a 1 or 2 day deviation, you have to put in a request at least 75 days in advance.  Although flights are often "red-eye" and arrive in the am, there are no guarantees that you will get to spend the day in your location - you could be arriving late.

Contrary to popular belief, you may be able to upgrade your seating situation, although you probably can't actually change the flight.  I've been offered various options in the past, it just depends on the airline.  I even got an offer to bid on a first class seat on one leg of my last trip.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You have NO control over the reservation once made and CANNOT do any type of upgrade, even through the airline directly.  The airline can't "touch" that booking because it is owned by NCL...and NCL won't even talk to you about changing anything other than to say "no"

Not 100% accurate.  This depends on the airline.  Some have had success upgrading (on their own dime) to a better seat category.  However, those may be on domestic US flights on the US carriers.  Once you have your confirmation number you can go to the airline website to see what options you have.

@julig22 has the rest of it covered.  Also, use the search box with the word 'flights' or 'NCL air' or other variations directed at this forum section and you can find all the info you could ever desire...

18 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

My personal advice...don't be seduced by the seemingly low rates, especially for a long haul flight.  You have NO control over the reservation once made and CANNOT do any type of upgrade, even through the airline directly.  The airline can't "touch" that booking because it is owned by NCL...and NCL won't even talk to you about changing anything other than to say "no".

If you don't mind an overseas flight in economy...then go for it!

I (and most commoners) cannot afford business or first class seats, so we usually buy economy and maybe at times economy+.

We just got our flights for the Getaway transatlantic cruise.  On the way to Rome, we got KLM from Toronto to Amsterdam, connecting to Rome.  On the way back we got AA from Miami to Toronto.  For all 3 flight segments, we were able to select seats free.  We could also upgrade to economy+ seats for a fee, which we are considering for the Toronto to AMS segment.

So there are things you can do with the flights.  And we are seduced by the low rates, it makes a difference (makes the cruise possible for us)

• Like 1