Harmony cabin help

DrDani226

OK. I hate to be so distrusting, but I would love a 2nd opinion from someone who may know (other than Royal themselves, lol). Our party of 4 was moved from one Ocean View Balcony to another, which is fine. However, the deck plans do not clearly indicate that the new room assignment accommodates 4. Now, I would hate to think that Royal would put a party of 4, in a 2-person cabin, but we've seen stranger things happen. I did just call and was assured that my category, which I was told was a 1D, accommodates 4. I even asked him to confirm that my specific cabin accommodates 4 and has a sofa bed and he said that it did. I have done a search for the particular cabin and have found little information (except for information from other sites stating it's a 2-person cabin).

Can anyone possibly confirm that Harmony 6250 is for 4? I would assume that 6650 is identical, as it is on the other side of the ship and they usually are, but I would love first-hand confirmation about 6250. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

I have done a search for the particular cabin and have found little information (except for information from other sites stating it's a 2-person cabin).

Anything with an odd number in the category usually indicates a cabin for 3 or 4 (even category number is limited to two). You can also look at RCI's own web site deck plan to confirm.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Anything with an odd number in the category usually indicates cabin for 3 or 4.

Good to know. Thanks. It just made me nervous because there was no * on the deck plans to indicate that it accommodates up to 4 like our previous cabins have had.

It's odd that it's not denoted as a connecting room, while its "twin" on the other side is a connecting room.  I thought those always came in pairs.  Can you maybe ask on a Roll Call to ask someone to check for you?

Just confirming that the two sharing the sofa bed are smaller individuals, too... some people don't realize that the sofa bed isn't as wide as the regular bed.

hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure. It doesn't show an asterisk or a triangle...

image.png.7a6aba9ab0d28e69fc6e87d48bbe5344.png

I don't understand why they'd put you in this cabin, when there are at least 5 OV balcony cabins for 4 people available in the aft section of deck 6.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure. It doesn't show an asterisk or a triangle...

image.png.7a6aba9ab0d28e69fc6e87d48bbe5344.png

I don't understand why they'd put you in this cabin, when there are at least 5 OV balcony cabins for 4 people available in the aft section of deck 6.

I know! The lack of an asterisks makes me nervous too. I do like that location though, so don't want to move it if I don't have too...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Just confirming that the two sharing the sofa bed are smaller individuals, too... some people don't realize that the sofa bed isn't as wide as the regular bed.

My daughter stays in the King with us and my son gets the sofa bed to himself. She loves it, lol, but I think this is the last time we'll be able to do it that way as she gets older.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

I know! The lack of an asterisks makes me nervous too. I do like that location though, so don't want to move it if I don't have too...

It has an asterisk on the deck plan on *****.com, a website I frequently use to check cabin positions.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

My daughter stays in the King with us and my son gets the sofa bed to himself. She loves it, lol, but I think this is the last time we'll be able to do it that way as she gets older.

Well, worst case scenario, he sleeps on the couch instead of a pull-out bed?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Well, worst case scenario, he sleeps on the couch instead of a pull-out bed?  

I’m pretty sure for muster stations reasons we wouldn’t be able to stay there. Plus, those sofa beds are uncomfortable enough as beds. A week on the couch itself would be a no-go lol. We will not likely be at full capacity so they would have to move us somewhere 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m going to call again next week and ask someone different. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but she paid for a cabin for 4 people. They are more expensive. Why would she settle for a cabin for 2 people?

I really doubt it would get to this point -- with lowered capacities there are other rooms they could be assigned.  But, if it were this or not cruise at all, I'd take this (with a hefty amount of OBC to compensate for the trouble!!!!).

• Like 1

Well, I called back and spoke to someone else, and they too confirmed that it is a room for 4 (as it has a double sofa bed), so I am not going to worry about it anymore! I like the location and it even looks like the balcony might be ever so slightly larger as, the hump balconies begin after that cabin. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

To update, they have moved us again, lol. This time to an ocean view with large balcony on deck 12. Ideally, we wanted to be on a lower deck, closer to the boardwalk. However, there do not appear to be any Oceanview with large balconies left available to book. We have not had a large balcony, and while my husband does spend a lot of time on the balcony, I’m wondering if it’s worth giving up the larger balcony to be closer to our ideal location? Can anyone give some input as to whether the large or “hump” balconies are worth it?