NCL Escape - Haven forward facing penthouse

K2G

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at the forward facing penthouse on the Escape - I watched a video on one on deck 9 and I didn't like the lack of privacy outside on the balcony.  You looked directly down onto the large balconies below and the port holes in the bedroom offered no view.

My question is, how high do you have to go for the balcony to be more private and for there to be a view beyond the forward deck?  The only forward facing penthouses available now on my cruise are on deck 10 - 12, has anyone stayed in these cabins and can let me know how private the balcony is? 

Thanks!

K

1 hour ago, K2G said:

The only forward facing penthouses available now on my cruise are on deck 10 - 12,

Of those, take deck 12.

Deck 13 has 1 wheelchair accessible stateroom (13106) which is one large room with a large bathroom (no separate living room/bedroom). Deck 14 has partially enclosed balconies which may seem private but the camera under the bridge is right above your head.

13706 is fine, though.

Deck 12 will give a good view forward as well as a decent view down to the water.

Agree with the previous poster.  We had one on Deck 9 and it was nice overall.  We didn't spent much time on our balcony, most of it was on the Haven Sundeck and pool area.  One thing to remember, and with the room we had, there was noise sometimes in the evenings and later at night as the crew social area and I think a crew bar are down in that area of the bow.

• Like 1

I was in a forward facing penthouse on the Breakaway a few years ago and we had to call a few times about the noise from the crew area at night.  We were on deck 9 I think and it was very loud even with earplugs.  We were told it wasn't possible because the area was closed at that time but we know what we were hearing.  Other than that - it's a great cabin but a long walk to elevators.  

Try for Deck 12. It's not a bad walk up to Haven entrance.

Deck 13 has a privacy balcony. It's okay but not great.

As mentioned Deck 9 is right above crew outdoor break area where they smoke and socialize anytime day or night.

We spent a lot of free time in Haven lounge, upstairs sitting area or outside by hot tub. Escape is my favorite ship.

• 8 months later...

I know this is a old subject but I’m reading it now I got the forward facing in the haven well on deck 10 on the ncl escape and now I think It a mistake from what I read here  I was looking forward to my cruise sept 2 2022 now I’m stress cause it a surprise for my husband 65th birthday

Edited by Daniellepurple

5 minutes ago, Daniellepurple said:

I know this is a old subject but I’m reading it now I got the forward facing in the haven well on deck 10 on the ncl escape and now I think It a mistake from what I read here  I was looking forward to my cruise sept 2 2022 now I’m stress cause it a surprise for my husband 65th birthday

You’ll be fine. We had a deck 10 forward facing on the Escape and loved it. Extra space for less cost than the tiny rooms up in the haven. Have a great cruise. 

We had a Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony on Breakaway last March.  The balcony was unusable anytime the ship was in motion due to wind. In fact, the crew lashed down the furniture on the balcony twice to keep it from being blown overboard.  No more forward facing balconies for us.

48 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

No more forward facing balconies for us.

For this particular thread, the balcony is actually on the side, not forward-facing.  

1 hour ago, Daniellepurple said:

I know this is a old subject but I’m reading it now I got the forward facing in the haven well on deck 10 on the ncl escape and now I think It a mistake from what I read here

The view forward will look like....THIS (<--click)

Edited by Two Wheels Only

1 hour ago, Daniellepurple said:

We just stayed in a forward facing balcony on the Encore.  I ended up loving the room.  The disadvantages are the noise at night when the ship is sailing fast, the balcony is unusable and it is a long distance from the stairs or elevators.

The advantages are the space, the layout, the bathroom, the storage and the fact that you don’t get noise from other passengers.

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You’ll be fine. We had a deck 10 forward facing on the Escape and loved it. Extra space for less cost than the tiny rooms up in the haven. Have a great cruise. 

Is it true that you don’t see the butler as much cause we not In the haven 

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

We just stayed in a forward facing balcony on the Encore.  I ended up loving the room.  The disadvantages are the noise at night when the ship is sailing fast, the balcony is unusable and it is a long distance from the stairs or elevators.

The advantages are the space, the layout, the bathroom, the storage and the fact that you don’t get noise from other passengers.

Thank you 

we do need to walk we will be eating a lots  so that walk to the stair will help for that ….. I hope

im glad the room is big that what I wanted