International guest uploading covid roof to App - help please

Tiggertastic

Hi everyone

in England we have the NHS App that shows both vaccines and our booster. The celebrity App at check in pre travel asks us to provide the front and back of the covid vaccine card. We don’t have a card.

one of us photographed each vaccine and uploaded photos, the other downloaded the covid pass and uploaded it to celebrity app.

2 weeks later, neither have been accepted 

any ideas on how to fix as all I got from celebrity was a ‘not sure’.

thanks

2 hours ago, Tiggertastic said:

any ideas on how to fix as all I got from celebrity was a ‘not sure’.

Go onto FB Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club page and ask the question. Jack or Sam will reply promptly.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

Rest assured, there will likely  be an in person option  at the port.

As a US passenger, I initially could not find the area to upload my vax card photo (it was grayed out)which caused anxiety. The day before I got a request to upload it and it worked.

When I went through the boarding in Fort Lauderdale board, I had my card ready just in case something was wrong with the upload and mentioned something about that at port. There wasn't, so I was sent through.  There were a few pax groups sitting around, not boarding yet, and I was told that sometimes the upload is a problem, "but we're ready to get everyone on the old-fashioned way"

The NHS app is just fine and you do not need the card - despite many US folks insisting that you do!

The app is written for those with cards. 

Simply download the covid pass as a PDF and then upload a copy of that to both the front and rear images. 

I am not sure when you cruise, but validation might not happen until under a month from your cruise. Don't worry if it hasn't been validated yet - unless your sail next week.

Note that the covid pass only has a validity period of 30 days and so when you fly to the USA you will need to download a new one just before you go.

12 minutes ago, isdoo said:

The NHS app is just fine and you do not need the card - despite many US folks insisting that you do!

The app is written for those with cards. 

Simply download the covid pass as a PDF and then upload a copy of that to both the front and rear images. 

I am not sure when you cruise, but validation might not happen until under a month from your cruise. Don't worry if it hasn't been validated yet - unless your sail next week.

Note that the covid pass only has a validity period of 30 days and so when you fly to the USA you will need to download a new one just before you go.

You can get a COVID pass with no expiry date, we got them on the NHS website 

NHS covid pass service and get the letter sent to you 

Edited by emmas gran

3 minutes ago, Stuffthis123 said:

We uploaded the pdf file from our NHS app a few weeks ago and it finally got approved yesterday.

We've also got the letters sent to us so we have a paper copy if needed at any point during the journey too. 

Take the paper copy don't rely on the app etc. Wifi and lighting at ports is notoriously poor.