Assigned Boarding Times getting earlier

Evilmuffin

There has been a few threads/discussions regarding assigned Boarding Times in Groups A, B, C, etc.

It has been mentioned that Group A is at 1300 hrs (1 pm).   

I just received a notice that my boarding time is now 1200 hrs. 

On the Eurodam on 5 Dec, in case someone was wondering which ship.

46 minutes ago, Evilmuffin said:

There has been a few threads/discussions regarding assigned Boarding Times in Groups A, B, C, etc.

It has been mentioned that Group A is at 1300 hrs (1 pm).   

I just received a notice that my boarding time is now 1200 hrs. 

On the Eurodam on 5 Dec, in case someone was wondering which ship.

Good news for you.  Maybe you'll be on the ship earlier too.  May I ask how HAL informed you?  Via email?  Phone app?  Thanks.

I got an email official notice from HAL via my TA.

I WAS group A @ 1 PM, Now I am group B @ 12:20 PM (Eurodam 12/5 Cruise)

You can print out a new boarding pass from the Web, and/or look it up on your navigator App.

This change is good as the hotel is kicking us out of our room at 11 AM so we only have to sit around for about an hour before heading to the port (Our hotel is very close to the port).

Edited by RGEDad
added cruise/ship/date

37 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

I got an email official notice from HAL via my TA.

I WAS group A @ 1 PM, Now I am group B @ 12:20 PM (Eurodam 12/5 Cruise)

You can print out a new boarding pass from the Web, and/or look it up on your navigator App.

This change is good as the hotel is kicking us out of our room at 11 AM so we only have to sit around for about an hour before heading to the port (Our hotel is very close to the port).

Or you could take your chances and hang around at the pier if they won't let you in early.

• Like 1

Just the opposite for us on Koningsdam departing December 5, our original boarding group was A at 1:00 and we just got an email today saying we are now group B at 1:20. A HAL/port agent who posts here says some passengers are being rude by pushing the boarding times in San Diego, so I think we’ll just be the rule followers.  Fortunately, hanging out in the hotel won’t be a problem especially since I read that benches have been removed from the port area. But it’ll be hard seeing the ship and waiting, waiting, waiting.

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Good news for you.  Maybe you'll be on the ship earlier too.  May I ask how HAL informed you?  Via email?  Phone app?  Thanks.

I received an email from HAL with this.     I went to Navigator and the boarding pass had been updated.   As long as I’m on before it sails at 4pm, don’t really care when I get on.   I’m staying at a HAL arranged Hotel and using their transfer service.

26FABD05-621C-44DC-BC24-DC2F343185A1.jpeg

1 hour ago, ellbelle said:

Just the opposite for us on Koningsdam departing December 5, our original boarding group was A at 1:00 and we just got an email today saying we are now group B at 1:20. A HAL/port agent who posts here says some passengers are being rude by pushing the boarding times in San Diego, so I think we’ll just be the rule followers.  Fortunately, hanging out in the hotel won’t be a problem especially since I read that benches have been removed from the port area. But it’ll be hard seeing the ship and waiting, waiting, waiting.

Removing benches and requiring people to stand would be frustrating for all involved.  

This is helpful for my trip in August in Vancouver.  I’ll plan to arrive at the assigned time and hope for the best.  Arriving early seems to ensure more waiting.   

1 hour ago, ellbelle said:

We’re on the same cruise and we got the email today too. We went from Group B at 1:20 to ‘Priority’ Group C at 1:40

• Like 1

Out of FLL on the Rotterdam on Nov 10th we had an assigned group A boarding time at 1pm. I contacted a source who was on the ship 2 days prior and he informed boarding would begin at 11:30am. That was the case. We were upstairs at the Seaview bar prior to noon. 

• Like 2

Just now, Laminator said:

Out of FLL on the Rotterdam on Nov 10th we had an assigned group A boarding time at 1pm. I contacted a source who was on the ship 2 days prior and he informed boarding would begin at 11:30am. That was the case. We were upstairs at the Seaview bar prior to noon. I will say the people at the port did check to make sure we were in Group A. I am not sure we would have been allowed to board if we were not.