Summit restaurant questions.

Stockjock

Doing a NYE cruise on Summit and have about $450 OBC, which is a lot for a short 5 night cruise.  I used part of it to upgrade to the premium drink package, so I think I have $330 left.

Most specialty restaurants are fully booked.  They sent me a e-mail for the Chef's Table experience, but it's fully booked.  NYE dinner fully booked, but not sure I need that. Tuscan Grille is fully booked.  There are a few reservations available for Sushi on 5 (I like sushi, but can't really eat rice due to carbs).  Also a few reservations available for Le Petit Chef at Qsine.

Are these available restaurants worth booking or better to save a couple hundred and stick with the MDR?  Also, if anyone has recent MDR menus, I would love to see them.  TIA!

Edited by Stockjock

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you have downloaded the app you may be able to see the MDR menus for your sailing.  

Great suggestion!  Looks like the menus are available.  Lobster on the last night, so definitely stick with the MDR that evening.  Thx!

10 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Doing a NYE cruise on Summit and have about $450 OBC, which is a lot for a short 5 night cruise.  I used part of it to upgrade to the premium drink package, so I think I have $330 left.

Most specialty restaurants are fully booked.  They sent me a e-mail for the Chef's Table experience, but it's fully booked.  NYE dinner fully booked, but not sure I need that. Tuscan Grille is fully booked.  There are a few reservations available for Sushi on 5 (I like sushi, but can't really eat rice due to carbs).  Also a few reservations available for Le Petit Chef at Qsine.

Are these available restaurants worth booking or better to save a couple hundred and stick with the MDR?  Also, if anyone has recent MDR menus, I would love to see them.  TIA!

Just a suggestion.  Once on board check with the specialty restaurants again.  Perhaps daily.  There are frequent cancellations and changes.  They might be able to accommodate you.  

I think it strange that it is possible to book the specialty restaurants before the ship departures. I was just onboar a cruise with RCCL, and there you had to wait until your where anboard the ship. Then everybody have the same possibility to book the restaurant. 

I am about to book a 4 night cruise with the Summit out of Miami the 2nd of december, I am thinking of booking a royal suite, but if I book this suite with all the specialty restuarants included and they are fully booked I will be very gutted...

16 minutes ago, magnus1977 said:

I think it strange that it is possible to book the specialty restaurants before the ship departures. I was just onboar a cruise with RCCL, and there you had to wait until your where anboard the ship. Then everybody have the same possibility to book the restaurant. 

I am about to book a 4 night cruise with the Summit out of Miami the 2nd of december, I am thinking of booking a royal suite, but if I book this suite with all the specialty restuarants included and they are fully booked I will be very gutted...

Wouldn't you already have a standing reservation for the specialty restaurants for staying in a RS? No need to pre book? 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Wouldn't you already have a standing reservation for the specialty restaurants for staying in a RS? No need to pre book? 

They'll do their very best to make a table available, but no ... that would technically require holding open seats for 2 PS and 8 RS in every venue every night.  Luminae isn't even on-demand when suites are booked solid.  Might require a few minutes wait there, too.

Good chance space will be found for RS guests, but need to be a little flexible about time.  And a LOT will depend upon booking % for that cruise.  

Magnus - book online in advance if you can and % is high.

• Thanks 1

I'm on the Summit now and Maitre d' told me they add additional Chef's Tables when there is demand.  They've added two this cruise.  So, as someone previously posted, as soon as you board, hustle to a Maitre d' in either MDR or Tuscan and let him/them know your druthers. 

4 hours ago, canderson said:

They'll do their very best to make a table available, but no ... that would technically require holding open seats for 2 PS and 8 RS in every venue every night.  Luminae isn't even on-demand when suites are booked solid.  Might require a few minutes wait there, too.

Good chance space will be found for RS guests, but need to be a little flexible about time.  And a LOT will depend upon booking % for that cruise.  

Magnus - book online in advance if you can and % is high.

Do you know what the Chef's Table price is?  Not showing on my planner, as is sold out.