Flights by Celebrity: Pay now or Pay later question

sapphireblue

This is my first time booking with Flights by Celebrity.  At this point I have chosen the Pay Later option.  My question is: Is my airfare locked in at the price when I booked?  Or can it change?  What is the benefit of paying at the time of booking?  

Today I booked Celebrity Air for the first time.  We chose not to pay anything until final payment date..for us it’s June 2022.  I like the flexibility to change if there is a better seat sale…or if COVID related issues goof up the cruise schedules again.

Fares are locked in, but if you see the price goes down on the Celebrity website, you can request the reduced fare. Once you pay the airfare and are ticketed, (at the final payment of cruise), you are subject to a $200.00 fee per person for changes or cancellations. We booked on United and were able to choose seats at the time of reservation, but some airlines will not allow you to book seats until ticketed (some with a fee).

We book flights back in May for April 2022 TA , than this past week there was a price drop , of $180 pp , using different carrier , took about 1/2 hour on phone 

make sure the agents send you the  new invoice before canceling your first flight 

the agent keep us on the phone while he sent us the invoice , it was the wrong price, he quickly corrected it with a new invoice 

Have Celebrity tell you what you're paying for your airfare thru them. 

Then, go to the airlines website and check the pricing on the same flights. Then, once a week (Monday or Tuesdays) check the same flights again. If the price has dropped, then there's a good chance they've dropped thru Celebrity. 

We followed this and ended up saving $374 before making final payment. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pooh/tigger said:

Have Celebrity tell you what you're paying for your airfare thru them. 

Then, go to the airlines website and check the pricing on the same flights. Then, once a week (Monday or Tuesdays) check the same flights again. If the price has dropped, then there's a good chance they've dropped thru Celebrity. 

We followed this and ended up saving $374 before making final payment. 

Or just do a search here , pick your cruise , and than do a quote 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/flights-by-celebrity

We have friends who have been trying to get the reduced airfare rate for a price drop on their flight, they keep getting turned down.  Their flight has gone from $145 down to $12.00 one way, as they continue to be told its for new bookings only, even though we were able to get the reduced airfare.   They are booked directly with Celebrity and we are with a TA

1 hour ago, schiff1997 said:

We have friends who have been trying to get the reduced airfare rate for a price drop on their flight, they keep getting turned down.  Their flight has gone from $145 down to $12.00 one way, as they continue to be told its for new bookings only, even though we were able to get the reduced airfare.   They are booked directly with Celebrity and we are with a TA

$12 for air?!?!?! 😳

• Like 1