Independence OTS - Alcohol/wine/kettle questions

Hey there - returning to Royal this Friday after a bit of an absence --- and I both don't recall and/or thought there might be some changes w/regard to:

Can guests bring a bottle of wine onboard for consumption in the cabin, and any charge associated with that? What about bottled water or cans of soda/mixers?

Can guests order a bottle of alcohol (I didn't see that option) for, again, in cabin consumption?

In suites (a GS in this case), is there a kettle in the cabin (brewing tea), or can one be requested?

Is the safety briefing now completed via an app (as I recently experienced on Carnival)?

THANKS,

Tom

We were in a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis and had both a Keurig type coffee maker and an electric kettle. I know it's very important if you drink tea. If you put water through a Keurig that has brewed coffee you get a coffee taste.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks for the responses!

Tom

Idk about buying a bottle for consumption, but there will be drinks in the suite lounge at least in the evening. 

The 12 mixers you can carry on can be bottled or cans, I think up to 12 oz. U like carnival who only allows cans.

Edited by firefly333

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk about buying a bottle for consumption, but there will be drinks in the suite lounge at least in the evening. 

The 12 mixers you can carry on can be bottled or cans, I think up to 12 oz. U like carnival who only allows cans.

We'll probably enjoy the snacks and drinks for an hour or so on one or two evenings - not making any dinner plans, which is unusual for us.

While I'll miss having a Coastal Kitchen onboard, I think what I'll miss even more is the Park Café roast beef sandwich !!  I found one being offered (only 1 day) on the Enchantment, but it was a "cheap imitation"... LOL

Tom

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We'll probably enjoy the snacks and drinks for an hour or so on one or two evenings - not making any dinner plans, which is unusual for us.

While I'll miss having a Coastal Kitchen onboard, I think what I'll miss even more is the Park Café roast beef sandwich !!  I found one being offered (only 1 day) on the Enchantment, but it was a "cheap imitation"... LOL

Tom

I like oasis class better too. My allure next march 2022 got changed to liberty because the terminal is delayed a year. I feel your disappointment. Me too. 

I dont like any water except flavored sparkling water in bottles which rcl allows me to bring on but not carnival. I hate canned water. .. though I read rcl is changing to canned evian. Uggh. 

Many say at lower capacities the Mdr is better than before and finally the buffet opened for dinner. I'm on liberty dec 12. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hey there - returning to Royal this Friday after a bit of an absence --- and I both don't recall and/or thought there might be some changes w/regard to:

Can guests bring a bottle of wine onboard for consumption in the cabin, and any charge associated with that? What about bottled water or cans of soda/mixers?

Can guests order a bottle of alcohol (I didn't see that option) for, again, in cabin consumption?

In suites (a GS in this case), is there a kettle in the cabin (brewing tea), or can one be requested?

Is the safety briefing now completed via an app (as I recently experienced on Carnival)?

THANKS,

Tom

The passengers of each cabin are permitted to bring on two bottles of wine (750 ml).  You must carry it on; do not put it in your checked bag.  (or you may find yourself called down to the naughty room on Deck 1)

The passengers of each cabin are permitted to carry on 12 containers of no more than 17 oz/half a liter each of non-alcoholic beverages.  Again, you must carry it on yourself.

You can order booze. There are very limited choices.  Be aware that it is 375 ml and comes with 4 cans of soda.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor?cat=52

Yes to the kettle.

Yes to the safety drill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The passengers of each cabin are permitted to bring on two bottles of wine (750 ml).  You must carry it on; do not put it in your checked bag.  (or you may find yourself called down to the naughty room on Deck 1)

The passengers of each cabin are permitted to carry on 12 containers of no more than 17 oz/half a liter each of non-alcoholic beverages.  Again, you must carry it on yourself.

You can order booze. There are very limited choices.  Be aware that it is 375 ml and comes with 4 cans of soda.

Yes to the kettle.

Yes to the safety drill.

Thanks for the liquor link. Looks like I'm a day late to that page - apparently one can't order for a departure the following day. No worries - three days will fly by, and we won't run up too high a tab, especially with the suite lounge being available.

On our Mardi Gras sailing last week I had purchased the drink package for both of us - I'm not sure that there was even one day that it ended up being a savings!

Tom

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes to the kettle.

Yes to the safety drill.

Wow. Super limited. Thanks though. I had been looking for what was available and couldn’t find it anywhere. 

21 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Can anyone verify if, in suites at least, there is a bottle of sparkling wine/champagne upon embarkation (for enjoying @ sail away)?

Thanks !

Anyone?

Of course now, due to a medical issue in Nassau yesterday, they are going to be LATE getting back to Pt Canaveral today. We're not scheduled to board until 3, and sail away is now slated for 8PM !

Tom

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Not that I know about.

Yep - just heard back from the concierge onboard (that they don't offer that).

Interestingly enough, the last two sailings on Carnival we took (excel suites) and past suites on NCL and Celebrity all had varying qualities of sparking wine in the cabin.

THANKS,

Tom

14 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - just heard back from the concierge onboard (that they don't offer that).

Interestingly enough, the last two sailings on Carnival we took (excel suites) and past suites on NCL and Celebrity all had varying qualities of sparking wine in the cabin.

THANKS,

Tom

My TA gives us a nice bottle of Champagne.  Sailing out of Galveston they don't deliver it until the second day.

You can get a bottle once Diamond+

• Like 1