Anyone on upcoming Reflection can deliver phone to crew?

mackjack9139

Just off Reflection after a great week. My favorite bartender (extremely nice and makes great drinks, has been working on Celebrity for years) was so sad that his iPhone screen just shattered to where it does not work at all, and he won’t be able to get a new one for some time. 

I have old iPhones at home just sitting in a box in case mine breaks/my husband uses an old

one to store music. Wondering if anyone on an upcoming Reflection sailing similarly has an old phone they could give him, or I could send you one of my old iPhones this week. Please reply or send me a message if you are able to help. I would love to spread the holiday cheer and surprise this hardworking guy! 

Edited by mackjack9139
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mackjack9139 said:

I have old iPhones at home just sitting in a box in case mine breaks/my husband uses an old one to store music. Wondering if anyone on an upcoming Reflection sailing similarly has an old phone they could give him, or I could send you one of my old iPhones this week. Please reply or send me a message if you are able to help. 

I realized quoting you might be needed so you get a notice. I’m leaving about a week before boarding, so we will need to make this happen quickly.  

We cannot send DMs via this board.  You can reach me via email at barb@cogcongaming dot com 

I only check that system every few days, but will make an effort to check it more for a couple of days.  

We sail next week. While I don’t have any phones I would be willing to bring one to him. Let me know. Not sure where you are located to get it to me quickly. My email address is Purplsmurf13atyahoodotcom

Edited by Purplsmurf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mackjack9139 said:

Just off Reflection after a great week. My favorite bartender (extremely nice and makes great drinks, has been working on Celebrity for years) was so sad that his iPhone screen just shattered to where it does not work at all, and he won’t be able to get a new one for some time. 

I have old iPhones at home just sitting in a box in case mine breaks/my husband uses an old

one to store music. Wondering if anyone on an upcoming Reflection sailing similarly has an old phone they could give him, or I could send you one of my old iPhones this week. Please reply or send me a message if you are able to help. I would love to spread the holiday cheer and surprise this hardworking guy! 

Make sure it is sim unlocked and that Find Me is turned off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

I realized quoting you might be needed so you get a notice. I’m leaving about a week before boarding, so we will need to make this happen quickly.  

We cannot send DMs via this board.  You can reach me via email at barb@cogcongaming dot com 

I only check that system every few days, but will make an effort to check it more for a couple of days.  

Thank you for offering to help! I’m trying to make it work with the person who sails 11/11 and if that doesn’t work will reach out. 

1 minute ago, Algebralovr said:

They are, but it can take time, and you need to know their legal name, etc. 

hmmm... I think this is a wonderful gesture on your part. However...are going to give someone the phone and just tell them to find "joe" ?

15 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

hmmm... I think this is a wonderful gesture on your part. However...are going to give someone the phone and just tell them to find "joe" ?

It’s not hard to find a bartender, their name, general appearance, and what bar they usually work. If they are not there, whomever is on duty can usually tell you when/where you’d be able to find them. 

• Thanks 1

The look on his face when I delivered the phone to him was priceless!! It made my heart so happy to see the gratitude exude from him. It was SO wonderful for you to do that for him and it was my pleasure to help you out!!! 

Edited by Purplsmurf
  • Like 10