Galveston parking lot preference?

nlktx49

We've used the same parking lot in Galveston for over 10 years, but after our October cruise I'm wondering if we should change. When we returned from our cruise we had to wait quite a while for the van to pick us up. This was our first post-COVID cruise so I don't know if the lot was having staffing issues or some other problems. I know there are other lots to choose from so if you use one that you'd recommend, I'd like to hear from you.

I have used EZ, Lighthouse, Falstaff, and Discount. I loved Falstaff when they first opened but now they jacked the price up and they charge for the shuttle. Discount is the farthest and they don’t have enough shuttles running. Some waited 45 minutes on a shuttle. I would go back to lighthouse or EZ if I were booking now.

Here’s a price comparison I did a week or two ago. I haven’t updated the intro or the date yet but the prices have been updated.

https://saintgregtravel.com/galveston-cruise-parking/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCBarker said:

Jmk5 are some new kids on the block. We used them last time and were very pleased. You can pay by phone app ahead of time. When we used them this summer, it looked like they were only getting about 5 cars per ship.

Agree and easy ! 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, SCBarker said:

Jmk5 are some new kids on the block. We used them last time and were very pleased. You can pay by phone app ahead of time. When we used them this summer, it looked like they were only getting about 5 cars per ship.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check them out.

EZ Cruise is our go-to. Affordable, safe and secure, fast shuttles with super friendly staff, and raised for safety from floods. But most important to me, family-owned and operated by a truly great guy who does a whole lot for the island community. 

Also, for anyone considering Discount, keep in mind that they are the ones (the only ones) who left cruisers stranded when the lockdown started. The people still on cruises at that time came back to signs where the shuttles should have been, telling them that no shuttles would be coming and they were on their own to find their way back to their vehicles. 

We used the new lot city owned lot by Terminal B last month. It was a little pricey, but we walked off the ship and it was a less than 100 yd walk to the car. No buses, no lines.

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 1