eMed Covid-19 Testing process - appointment?

nanseev

5 hours ago, njkruzer said:

The ones we just got have an extended expiration date in March. 

Did you get your tests from eMed?  Would you please confirm the March expiration date?

All of the info I’m getting from eMed states that the kits they are shipping now expire on Feb 1. 

I sail on Feb 5, so can’t test until Feb 3. 

Thanks

11 minutes ago, pilot said:

Did you get your tests from eMed?  Would you please confirm the March expiration date?

All of the info I’m getting from eMed states that the kits they are shipping now expire on Feb 1. 

I sail on Feb 5, so can’t test until Feb 3. 

Thanks

Ordered directly from Royal. When you first open website there is a link to healthy sailing.  Go to section on testing. To order find "order here" (or click here) and it will take you order site.

In the shipping box is a card "Calculating the Expiration Date."  It explains how to add 3 months to date on box. Shows which of the date you need to look at. Our original date shows as. 2021-11-08.  Instructions explain to add 3 months to this date, which I guess is February (guess I originally counted wrong!).   Don't order your tests until early January and you should be ok. Hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

the Navica app didn't work on my Android or on DH's iOS phone. We just used the laptop to do the test through eMed.com. Printed off the results.

Thanks for the info. I have put the app on my tablet. Created the account. It looks like it should work.

2 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

the Navica app didn't work on my Android or on DH's iOS phone. We just used the laptop to do the test through eMed.com. Printed off the results.

It has been our experience having done the test three times now, that you cannot use the app for testing you have to use the browser on your phone or other device. Not sure why they even bother with the app but it’s just to establish a username and password login and I supposed to be able to pull up your results more easily. We are boarding navigator of the seas today out of Long Beach and when my husband dead the test Tuesday night he had a great deal of difficulty communicating with a proctor to read his result. He would wait get a person and then that person would say they could not see or hear him and this happened about 10 times. He finally took his phone off Wi-Fi and did it on cellular and it worked. The whole thing was very strange because I had tested a few hours before and our home Wi-Fi is just fine and I had no problems.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:36 PM, JuliaMS said:

How long are the tests good for? Right now they only have 6 packs on their web site and only need 2. How long will the other 4 be good for?

Not long enough to save for your next cruise. You can buy 2 or 3 packs at optum.com. I recommend having at least one spare also.