How to Kill Tine in Miami?

CarolinaMamma

We have a 3:45 departure out of Miami after our Encore cruise. Any recommendations to kill time that won’t be a pain with luggage? I’m not opposed to camping out with a book in the airport if that’s the only option.

How long will they let us stay on the ship? We are in the Haven, though I’m not sure that makes a difference. They probably still want us out of there as early as possible. 

I have the same dilemma and ended up booking a Miami City Tour post cruise excursion with NCL. I'm not expecting it to be a fantastic experience, but it will kill time and drop us at the airport for barely more than the shuttle costs. 

We've used ResortPass once before when the cruise line excursions ending at the airport didn't appeal to us. We checked our bags with bell services, then spent the day lounging by the pool, and got an uber to the airport before our flight. It was a great way to extend the vacation a little longer, and it was a really low-stress disembarkation day. 

3 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

We have a 3:45 departure out of Miami after our Encore cruise. Any recommendations to kill time that won’t be a pain with luggage? I’m not opposed to camping out with a book in the airport if that’s the only option.

How long will they let us stay on the ship? We are in the Haven, though I’m not sure that makes a difference. They probably still want us out of there as early as possible. 

I usually just head to the airport and spend the hours on my iPad catching up to all the internet stuff that I've shut out for the past week or so.  I don't "do" screen time on a cruise.  Just a personal choice.  I guess the one exception was when NCL booked us on some night flight back from Honolulu and we had more than enough time to take a cab from the airport to Pearl Harbor and back.  That worked out great, but that doesn't sound like your situation at all.

• Like 1

We spent the day at Jungle Island (https://www.jungleisland.com/) the last time we were in town, but they seem to be closed from Covid. It was a small animal sanctuary where you could play with sloths, lemurs, kangaroos and tons of parrots and other birds and stuff. They let us put our luggage in their main office while we wandered around and interacted with the animals, and just called a cab to pick us up and bring us to the airport when we were done. 

I had the same question, We fly out of FT. Lauderdale at 4:30 on January 23rd.  We are a family of 4 adults, is this a good idea?  Assuming we would need to catch the 1pm shuttle at Bayside Market.

MIAMI HOP ON HOP OFF – ENDS AT FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT

Explore the fantastic views of the Miami skyline. The open-top bus provides an excellent platform as you pass the classic Art Deco buildings and drive along the famous Collins Avenue and South Beach. Enjoy this narrated bus tour and see how Miami became one of the most popular cities in the United States, full of fashion, entertainment, and beauty with its bustling streets and unique flair. Hop-On or Hop off at over 5 locations throughout the city, including Miami Beach, restaurants, shopping centers, and attractions. You’ll appreciate the fantastic views of all of the city’s neighborhoods on an open-air double-decker bus, including the mansions of Coral Gables, Bohemian Coconut Grove, and the typical Cuban flavor of Little Havana, which inspire the city with Latin culture.

Need To Know:

As the HOHO buses are shared with non-cruise tourists; Guests can expect long lines and wait times between buses. Buses are open air buses and not air-conditioned, tour is sensitive to weather conditions (rain, wind & sun). This tour is available for guests with flights from Ft. Lauderdale Airport after 4:00 pm (domestic flights) and 5:00 pm (international flights). Luggage storage included. Tour ends at Bayside Market where you will board the complimentary shuttle to the airport. Shuttles depart at 1pm, 3pm & 5pm.