Getaway Sailing Capacity

wiseguy

Varies a lot by sailing. 

We just disembarked an hour or so ago from B2B. 11/24 sailing 1300 pax (around 35%), 12/5 sailing 2300 pax (around 60%). Today's sailing heard around 3000 (close to 75%) but that was not verified by staff. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wiseguy said:

We are leaving on the Getaway on Monday. Does anyone know at what capacity the ships are sailing? 50%? 60%? More/less?

I believe that Getaway has been sailing since September so capacity should be back to 100%  I have not read about any ships with occupancy that high, though.

4 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I believe that Getaway has been sailing since September so capacity should be back to 100%  I have not read about any ships with occupancy that high, though.

Definitely nowhere near 100%

See my post above with experience the last 4 weeks. 

And with things changing fast, likely not going any higher soon, as per senior staff this AM. 

There are two ways to look at capacity.

1) Capacity set by NCL which is the number of passengers that the ship can hold.

2) Capacity set by the consumer, which is the number of passengers who actually book.

Del Rio is on record saying his ships would be back to 100% occupancy (as set by the cruise line) after they have returned to service for 60 days. The Getaway has been sailing longer than 60 days, therefore the capacity set by the cruise line is 100% (less the number of cabins reserved for quarantine).

While the capacity set by the cruise line nears 100%, the capacity set by the consumer has been, on average, 57% according to Del Rio at the third quarter financials.  So, more or less, the cruise ships have been sailing around 57%.

This is obviously different for the holiday sailings which appear to be sailing with much higher consumer driven capacity.

RCL has currently pulled all inventory through the middle of January. Rumor is that RCL has done this to reduce consumer driven capacity in light of Omicron. Of course, other rumors are saying they are actually pulling those sailings. No formal word yet from RCL. 

3 hours ago, wiseguy said:

We are leaving on the Getaway on Monday. Does anyone know at what capacity the ships are sailing? 50%? 60%? More/less?

You picked a holiday cruise,

so expect it to be a lot fuller than recent voyages. So,,, there is no real comparative data. Have a great cruise and Happy New Year!  

I'm want to amend my post. While the Getaway has been sailing longer than 60 days, she hasn't been sailing in the USA longer than 60 days. Del Rio did not indicate a difference in the interview, but it could be that the first few Getaway sailings are capped at 50% if the clock starts over for USA departures.

• Like 1

I did a pretend booking on the Big Box store site for the Jan 19, 2022 Getaway cruise and of the approximately 2000 cabins I counted the following as still available: 

74 Inside (This includes 12 side by side directly across from the medical center)

44 Ocean View

68 Balcony

81 Suites & above

Total 267

I don't know what that equates to as far as actual passengers and some of the "not available" cabins may be being held for additional Covid quarantining.  I have a feeling there are going to be more cancellations than new booking between now and Jan. 19th. considering the current situation and the cancellation of Bonaire.

6 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm want to amend my post. While the Getaway has been sailing longer than 60 days, she hasn't been sailing in the USA longer than 60 days. Del Rio did not indicate a difference in the interview, but it could be that the first few Getaway sailings are capped at 50% if the clock starts over for USA departures.

As ECCruise indicated, the Dec. 5-22 TA sailing is at 60%.  I called NCL just before the actual sailing and was told 60%.  While onboard I heard the number 2,249 which is just under 60%. 

For the next two sailings over the holidays the number should be higher.  After that it'll depend on Omicron.

• Like 1