Onboard Oasis Christmas Day - Positive Covid Tests

I am currently on the Oasis of the Seas and the Captain announced this evening that there were staff and passengers (none in my party) with Positive Covid test today. We arrive in Miami tomorrow. A staff member told me that it was 1.04% of the passengers that tested positive. I would equate that to 40 to 50 passengers, but that is just a guess. No new protocols in place yet. We are doing a b-2-b and so I’ll know more in the morning. 

Edited by DeputyDawg46

• DeputyDawg46 changed the title to Onboard Oasis Christmas Day - Positive Covid Tests
2 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I am currently on the Oasis of the Seas and the Captain announced this evening that there were staff and passengers (none in my party) with Positive Covid test today. We arrive in Miami tomorrow. A staff member told me that it was 1.04% of the passengers that tested positive. I would equate that to 40 to 50 passengers, but that is just a guess. No new protocols in place yet. We are doing a b-2-b and so I’ll know more in the morning. 

Wonder how many more not tested that are positive, a lot of people coughing?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Same question for the grocery store. 

Difference is I'm only walking near maybe 20 or 25 people in a grocery store....a lot different and many more people in  confine quarters of a cruise ship. More chances on a over crowded cruise ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm on the same cruise...the ship is sailing almost at full capacity, so I'm thinking more 70+ but that's my best guess. I had to do the PCR test yesterday before my return flight and my rapid antigen test from shoppers was more invasive than Royal's PCR. I'll bet there are more cases because the PCR wasn't done right.