RCL covering costs of disembarkation tests for international travellers through end of January

Good news for those like us that will require testing to get home (PCR test required for rentry to Canada). It is covered by RCL through the end of the month. This is going to save us alot of money for our family cruise 1/15-1/23 on the Odyssey

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 4.32.51 PM.png

That’s great except if you test positive. Once you’re off the ship I’m assuming RCI is not responsible for providing quarantine accommodations  for however long is required until you are allowed to fly home

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mackfam said:

That’s great except if you test positive. Once you’re off the ship I’m assuming RCI is not responsible for providing quarantine accommodations  for however long is required until you are allowed to fly home

We are bringing rapid tests with us that our province provides for free and testing ourselves on the last sea day.  That way if we test positive we can report it onboard and get retested by the cruiseline.

• Like 1

This is really great news.  However, 210$ per PCR test sounds like A LOT?!! Where does this price come from? Why is it so expensive? I mean, Its good that you wont ahve to pay for it yourself, but its still very expensive

17 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

This is really great news.  However, 210$ per PCR test sounds like A LOT?!! Where does this price come from? Why is it so expensive? I mean, Its good that you wont ahve to pay for it yourself, but its still very expensive

Not sure.  We had already bought RT-Lamp tests through Switch Health for $149 CAD that we planned to use for our return on 1/23/22.  They do not expire until the end of July so we will save them for our March sailing on the Allure or May on Ovation.  We will definitely just keep ordering the ones from Switch Health if the terminal pricing is going to stay this high.

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

We are bringing rapid tests with us that our province provides for free and testing ourselves on the last sea day.  That way if we test positive we can report it onboard and get retested by the cruiseline.

I like the way you think!😉

• Like 1