Port of Tampa

esther e

This is my first time sailing out of this port and I have a couple of questions.  I live about 3 hours from Tampa, but my driver wants extra time for traffic, etc., so I might well arrive before my allotted time.

Is there any place to sit inside to wait my turn or do I have to stand outside?  Any tips and help would be much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

There are lines for each arrival time (in half hour increments) that you will be assigned to. They are outside under an awning and there is a restroom nearby (also outside). However, if you have a suite they will move you in before your time.

If you are in a suite you can board anytime, no matter what your allotment is.  Otherwise, I did see folks who got there too early for Connie's first sailing having to wait across the lot outside.  Then they formed cues with pretty good signage.  We just walked around the port area before our 12:30 slot.  Boarding was pretty painless.

Edited by marieps

Not sure about your luggage situation or your lunch preferences but there is a very nice little Vietnamese restaurant about a block from the ship called Bamboozle. If you can drop your luggage or if you packed light enough to roll it you can go there and have a pleasant lunch using outdoor tables and then take a leisurely stroll across the street to the ship when it is your time to board. We always find this to be much more enjoyable then the embarkation lunch scrum.

24 minutes ago, esther e said:

Thank you all.  I am not in a suite and my time slot is 12:00 - 12:30.  Since it's Monday, after a holdiay, there might be traffic so better getting there early.

We were on the very first Celebrity cruise out of Tampa and our check in time was also 12:00 to 12:30. We got there around 11:45 and were immediately put in line. I saw people standing in a queue next to us who probably came early. I'm guessing the 12:30 to 1:00 check-in time slot. There was a limited amount of seating near the outside check-in line.

• Like 1