Recent Princess cruisers: can you pick up scooter in stateroom before rooms are ready?

kokopelli-az

On Princess, if the staterooms are not open/available/ready when you board, can you still go to your stateroom to retrieve your (rented) scooter?

I know that Celebrity now allows this and it is wonderful.   If the rooms are not available yet, you can still go to your room and drop off your luggage and, in our case, pick up our scooter.   (You can't stay in the room, just drop off or pick up.)

I'd love it if Princess would allow us to retrieve the scooter.  

Edited by kokopelli-az

• kokopelli-az changed the title to Recent Princess cruisers: can you pick up scooter in stateroom before rooms are ready?
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 7:00 PM, maureencruiser said:

I can't speak for Princess, but, in Port Canaveral for a Royal cruise, the scooters are picked up at the terminal and driven onto the ship by the passenger.  I hope that helps.  Check with your rental company, I used Scootaround.

We'll be picking up the scooter in the room.   We also used Scootaround.   The location of where you pick up your wheelchair depends on the port and ship.   We've been able to pick up the scooter on the pier a couple of times, which is really handy, but for us it is usually in our room.   

We'll be on the Sky Princess departing Feb 5 2022.  Our check-in time is 11am so I'm thinking the rooms won't be ready yet.   I'll try to remember to post an answer about when we get to pick up the scooter.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, we're on the Sky Princess as I type this and our wheelchair pusher said we could not go to our room before it was ready.   He sounded a little unsure so we went to the atrium area  (husband in wheelchair) and I left him there while I went to our room to check in person.  The room wasn't ready and the room steward was in our room cleaning.    She said the rooms would be ready at 1 or so.     This was about 11:45 am. 

More importantly, the scooter was not in the room.   We have never had  the scooter not in the room upon boarding.    I was a little stressed about the scooter not being there so I called Scootaround and they confirmed the scooter was being delivered.   

Around 1:00pm we were in the room and the person actually delivered the scooter.  Whew!    Guess Scootaround is short staffed, too.   

I think had the scooter been in our room when I originally checked on it, I could have taken it.   Even though the wheelchair pusher said  we couldn't go to the room until it was ready.   

• Thanks 1

My experience w/Princess (many years & cruises, most recent was Sept 2021):  the cabin has always been ready & the scooter has always been there.

As both "wheel-chaired" & elite, I'm usually one of the first passengers boarded -- about 11:30ish.  I'll be solo this year this year, so I'll definitely need for the crew member to take me to my cabin so I can get the scooter.  

Good luck to us all!