What could MSC stand for?

caffeine_demon

On 12/31/2021 at 3:02 AM, sverigecruiser said:

Most Satisfying Cruiseexperience

Just curious,  have you ever been on another cruise line?  MSC is certainly not even middle of the road as far as cruise lines go. That’s not my experience but countless others.   If you simply do a query search on MSC horrible customer experience you will be inundated with more than 1 million possible clicks. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ericfromri said:

Just curious,  have you ever been on another cruise line?  MSC is certainly not even middle of the road as far as cruise lines go. That’s not my experience but countless others.   If you simply do a query search on MSC horrible customer experience you will be inundated with more than 1 million possible clicks. 

When people talk about bad customer service and MSC they normally talk about the on shore customer service, not the service on the ship. Here in Sweden they have excellent customer service so I have no reason to complain about that.

I can not ask for anything more than the experience we got on our first MSC cruise. Our second MSC cruise was not perfect but most cruises aren't.  

On 1/5/2022 at 6:04 PM, sverigecruiser said:

I hope that in the future it can stand for

More Swedish Cruises.

Just wondering what you mean? Do you mean you want more departures from Stockholm (MSC has had no such departures until today) or maybe from Gothenburg…or do you mean more MSC-cruises coming visiting Swedish cities/harbours throughout their cruises?

And next question: Why should they? 🧐

MSC is more than happy to depart from Copenhagen - which is a more adequate turn-around-harbour than Stockholm (due to the international Danish airport Kastrup and the many people living in Denmark and southern Sweden...just divided by the bridge) - during the summer seasons (for cruises the one week at the Baltic Sea respectively the other weeks to the Norwegian fjords). Both for you sverigecruiser - and for me living in Stockholm, it’s easy to go the short distance down from Sweden to Denmark.

1 hour ago, Frode said:

Just wondering what you mean? Do you mean you want more departures from Stockholm (MSC has had no such departures until today) or maybe from Gothenburg…or do you mean more MSC-cruises coming visiting Swedish cities/harbours throughout their cruises?

And next question: Why should they? 🧐

MSC is more than happy to depart from Copenhagen - which is a more adequate turn-around-harbour than Stockholm (due to the international Danish airport Kastrup and the many people living in Denmark and southern Sweden...just divided by the bridge) - during the summer seasons (for cruises the one week at the Baltic Sea respectively the other weeks to the Norwegian fjords). Both for you sverigecruiser - and for me living in Stockholm, it’s easy to go the short distance down from Sweden to Denmark.

I mean that I should like if they had roundtrip cruises from Stockholm. The reason for that is that for me that means less travelling and also that we can book late without having to think about booking flights.

We have a cruise booked from Barcelona in July but we will cancel that, and loose the around $1500 we have paid, because MSC will not be able to promise that we won't have to wear a mask during the cruise and we don't want to pay for an experience we won't enjoy.

In the future we should prefer if we could book our cruises later and then Stockholm should be the best place for us to embark.   

On 1/8/2022 at 12:59 PM, sverigecruiser said:

I mean that I should like if they had roundtrip cruises from Stockholm. The reason for that is that for me that means less travelling and also that we can book late without having to think about booking flights.

We have a cruise booked from Barcelona in July but we will cancel that, and loose the around $1500 we have paid, because MSC will not be able to promise that we won't have to wear a mask during the cruise and we don't want to pay for an experience we won't enjoy.

In the future we should prefer if we could book our cruises later and then Stockholm should be the best place for us to embark.   

Feel sorry for you - and all the money you will loose when cancelling your cruise in July from Barcelona 😱 

As an alternative to MSC - which do not cruise from Stockholm - I'm sure you are aware of the fact that Voyager of the Seas (RCCL) the summer of 2022 will depart a number of 7-night cruises from Stockholm (visiting  St. Petersburg - open sea - Helsinki - Tallinn - Visby before heading back to Stockholm)?! The rates are great; from SEK 5 941:- p p only (approx USD 656 / Euro 580).

In one way I would be interested in booking Voyager of the Seas myself (even though I earlier visited all those destinations onboard cruise ships - and I've promised myself not to go back to dictator Putin's Russia 🤬). However - on the other side - I believe the only right thing to do is to avoid cruises due to the Corona pandemic.
Good luck! 

8 hours ago, Frode said:

As an alternative to MSC - which do not cruise from Stockholm - I'm sure you are aware of the fact that Voyager of the Seas (RCCL) the summer of 2022 will depart a number of 7-night cruises from Stockholm (visiting  St. Petersburg - open sea - Helsinki - Tallinn - Visby before heading back to Stockholm)?! The rates are great; from SEK 5 941:- p p only (approx USD 656 / Euro 580).

In one way I would be interested in booking Voyager of the Seas myself (even though I earlier visited all those destinations onboard cruise ships - and I've promised myself not to go back to dictator Putin's Russia 🤬). However - on the other side - I believe the only right thing to do is to avoid cruises due to the Corona pandemic.
Good luck! 

Thank you for the information about the RCI cruise. I wasn't aware about that cruise but know that RCI have cruised from Stockholm before. The itinerary is good but I'm not really interested in a RCI cruise.

I have some places I prefer not to go to for political reasons, for example Russia, Turkey and Cuba, but it's always possible to stay on the ship when that feels better.  

• 1 month later...