Problem purchasing gift card on site

cotomom

Anyone else having issue purchasing a Carnival gift card through the website? I've cleared cookies, tried different browsers, and called them all to no avail. Keep getting various "bank decline" messages all the while the bank (Chase) says they see nothing on their end and they are not declining the transaction.

Same issue here. I have the Chase $35 off $100 Carnival offer on 2 credit cards. Took me 3 days to get one of them to actually go through and process correctly. The $35 credit posted 7 days after the gift card purchase. Have been trying daily with the 2nd credit card and have had no success. However, my sister had the offer on two of her Chase cards and both processed on the first try. She suggested I try with a different browser (Edge), but it didn't work with that one either. Not sure why the website is picking and choosing which ones get processed.

I had the credit card issue during check in when setting up my spending account, tried it 3 times then finally used another card and it went right thru. My friend had the same issue, but hers finally went thru. I may go back to see if I can change it before we sail in 2 weeks.

I was able to purchase wifi plans for our upcoming cruise with no issues today but it won't let me set up an onboard spending account.🙄 I'm not sitting on hold to get it resolved so I'll just show up with my card at the pier.  The message is that it won't pass online submission, nor did a second card that I tried. I'm wondering if there's a box that I need to check someplace that isn't readily apparent.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Have you tried getting the discounted gift cards thru AARP?  They are $450 for a $500 card or $90 for a $100.

Last time I bought some for a Mardi Gras sailing in September they were almost instantly printed, not sent USPS.

Trying to get $100 gift cards with a $35 back promo from Chase bank.

After daily attempts trying to purchase the carnival gift cards and kept getting a "your Carnival order has been cancelled, we are unable to accept your order" emails , I gave up and just purchased $100 cruise cash for my cruise this weekend on the Radiance with my Chase CC. It is super frustrating why Carnival is blocking the same credit card from purchasing gift cards. The only concern is that the cruise cash purchase comes up as "CARNIVAL- THE FUN SHOP" on my credit card vs the carnival gift card purchase comes up as "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES". I know that "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES" was accepted because I received the $35 cash back from Chase about 7 days after the gift card purchase. However, the cruise cash was purchased 2 days ago so I am still waiting to see if Chase accepts it to get the $35 cash back offer. 

1 hour ago, CruisingFromLA said:

After daily attempts trying to purchase the carnival gift cards and kept getting a "your Carnival order has been cancelled, we are unable to accept your order" emails , I gave up and just purchased $100 cruise cash for my cruise this weekend on the Radiance with my Chase CC. It is super frustrating why Carnival is blocking the same credit card from purchasing gift cards. The only concern is that the cruise cash purchase comes up as "CARNIVAL- THE FUN SHOP" on my credit card vs the carnival gift card purchase comes up as "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES". I know that "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES" was accepted because I received the $35 cash back from Chase about 7 days after the gift card purchase. However, the cruise cash was purchased 2 days ago so I am still waiting to see if Chase accepts it to get the $35 cash back offer. 

Curious, did you have a cruise booked the pandemic where they cancelled, and rather than waiting on them to refund your money, you issued a chargeback through your credit card? 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:16 AM, CruisingFromLA said:

Come back & let us know if it worked. Also, for anyone who has Discover credit card, sign up for the 5% back on grocery stores Jan - March & buy the gift cards there

I'm not positive but, the gift card purchase comes back with a different coding or description than other payments to Carnival. I got the $35 statement credit on 2 Chase cards and 1 Bank of America card with no problem. All 3 were used to make $100+ payments towards the balance of our last unpaid cruise. 

Post #8 said they gave up and purchased Cruise Cash instead of gift cards. My point is I think the problem is Gift Card purchases from Carnival show different than other purchases from Carnival. For accounting purposes they list separate charges such as Fun Shops, Specialty Dining, Pixels, etc. I forget the actual billing but the gift cards may not appear as actual payments to Carnival but rather to some gift card clearinghouse?