Uber Black from LAX to San Pedro Cruise

candydane

On 1/3/2022 at 2:38 PM, candydane said:

We will need transportation on April 2, 2022 from LAX to San Pedro cruise port.

Does anyone have experience / comments about using Uber Black?  Approximate cost?

I'd guess $90 or so and well worth it.

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/

On the return trip you can use a regular Uber, because they can drop off curbside, just not pick up curbside.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I looked at Uber estimate for Long beach airport to the Double tree in San Pedro. It was about the same price as LAX to the hotel. Anyone can confirm that?

Its $40 more to fly into Long beach rather than LAX

5 hours ago, music said:

I looked at Uber estimate for Long beach airport to the Double tree in San Pedro. It was about the same price as LAX to the hotel. Anyone can confirm that? Its $40 more to fly into Long beach rather than LAX

Spend the $40.

You will be at the DoubleTree in San Pedro before you could get into your Uber Black at LAX.

At LGB you virtually step off the plane into an Uber. At LAX you have the very long walk to the baggage claim area, the shuttle ride to the LAX-it lot and then wait for your Uber.

I called the Crowne Plaza to ask about ground transportation from LAX to San Pedro and they recommended an Uber/Lfyt over a taxi. We will also be arriving on April 2, 7pm. How long does it take to get to the Crowne Plaza at that time of day on a Saturday evening?

4 hours ago, nomadguy said:

I called the Crowne Plaza to ask about ground transportation from LAX to San Pedro and they recommended an Uber/Lfyt over a taxi. We will also be arriving on April 2, 7pm. How long does it take to get to the Crowne Plaza at that time of day on a Saturday evening?

Do you understand the procedures at LAX for getting a standard Uber or Lyft? After you collect your bags at LAX, you go to the Center Median (find the correct one) and get on a LAX-it shuttle to get to the lot where Uber, Lyft and taxis pick up. Once you get to the LAX-it lot you can request a ride.

The process from getting off the plane to leaving LAX can be 25 minutes to 45 minutes depending on which terminal you arrive in, if you checked bags and how long for your Uber to show up.

Once you are in the Uber it should be 25-35 minutes to San Pedro, depending on traffic.

• Thanks 1

From reading the thread, I understand it's not so easy. Thank you for laying it out so succinctly for me. We navigated LAX from DL Terminal 2 a few years ago and it was A BEAR trying to figure out where to go for a shuttle to an airport hotel. For our transpacific flight the next day, we had to check in and take a Delta shuttle from one terminal to another which wasn't as bad as finding the shuttle to the hotel! I believe we will arrive at Terminal 2 so not as convenient to get to that shuttle location by walking for two seniors with luggage. Do you think it would just be more convenient to summon an Uber Black, knowing it could cost double? The sea of humanity was so overwhelming in 2019.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:34 AM, scottca075 said:

Do you understand the procedures at LAX for getting a standard Uber or Lyft? After you collect your bags at LAX, you go to the Center Median (find the correct one) and get on a LAX-it shuttle to get to the lot where Uber, Lyft and taxis pick up. Once you get to the LAX-it lot you can request a ride.

The process from getting off the plane to leaving LAX can be 25 minutes to 45 minutes depending on which terminal you arrive in, if you checked bags and how long for your Uber to show up.

Once you are in the Uber it should be 25-35 minutes to San Pedro, depending on traffic.

Hi, I'm not sure I understand your instruction to go to the Center Median....."find the correct one."

I'm assuming there are several other pick up areas there (hotels, cabs etc.)?

Just checking as we haven't done this yet.  Thanks again for all your help.

6 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

Hi, I'm not sure I understand your instruction to go to the Center Median....."find the correct one."

I'm assuming there are several other pick up areas there (hotels, cabs etc.)?

Just checking as we haven't done this yet.  Thanks again for all your help.

At every terminal there are four (I think) center medians; Rental Car Shuttles (purple signs), Hotel Shuttles (red signs), Flly-away Bus & Long Term Parking (green signs) and LAX InterTerminal & LAX-it (blue signs).

I could have a couple twisted around, but they are color coded and show what vehicles stop there. Private cars use the inside ring.

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Is Uber Black an easier pick up at LAX. i.e. can Black pick up at different locations? We are four people and can use air miles to LAX but not to Long Beach, ~ $750. So might be worth the hassle at LAX.

Uber Black can pick up curbside at any terminal, but I'd use Uber SUV with four people.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Also how about using John Wayne / Orange county instead of LAX?

I avoid LAX when possible. SNA is further to San Pedro, but I think less of a hassle to use.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:02 PM, scottca075 said:

Uber Black can pick up curbside at any terminal, but I'd use Uber SUV with four people.

I avoid LAX when possible. SNA is further to San Pedro, but I think less of a hassle to use.

Thanks, we are going to use Long Beach and fly in the day before we sail. Could have use FF Miles for LAX but worth the extra to fly to LGB.

• Like 1