Rapid covid tests in Orange County, Ca that are free

I have used  CVS  and  Hoag, Irvine in the past  and now  Hoag is charging  $135.00  and  CVS does not have any appointments for  the rapid test.

Has anyone  found  any other places in  Orange County  CA.

Thank you for your  information

I’m nearby in the Inland Empire and can’t find any rapid tests at cvs, Walgreens, Walmart or even through my health insurance, Kaiser. 

We are going to a local urgent care tomorrow morning, but they charge $100. Today on the phone this location told me they can’t guarantee I get a test tomorrow due to low supplies and being short staffed. 

At this rate, we may not get a test before our Friday cruise out of Los Angeles. 

So, no I don’t know any places for a free test… or even a guaranteed paid test! There seems to be a real shortage in SoCal. 
 I’m definitely interested in any suggestions!!!! 

8 minutes ago, laura85 said:

I’m nearby in the Inland Empire and can’t find any rapid tests at cvs, Walgreens, Walmart or even through my health insurance, Kaiser. 

We are going to a local urgent care tomorrow morning, but they charge $100. Today on the phone this location told me they can’t guarantee I get a test tomorrow due to low supplies and being short staffed. 

At this rate, we may not get a test before our Friday cruise out of Los Angeles. 

So, no I don’t know any places for a free test… or even a guaranteed paid test! There seems to be a real shortage in SoCal. 

Walgreens told us that they did not contract to do the Rapid test in CA next that no one would be able to get them through them in this state. We live in Northern CA and neither Walgreens nor CVS are doing the Rapid test around here. 

We are doing the home test for our January 17th cruise. I have heard that testing is available at pier with appointment but cost is $100.00.  

1 hour ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

I have used  CVS  and  Hoag, Irvine in the past  and now  Hoag is charging  $135.00  and  CVS does not have any appointments for  the rapid test.

Xpress urgent care

34 minutes ago, imola said:

Walgreens told us that they did not contract to do the Rapid test in CA next that no one would be able to get them through them in this state. We live in Northern CA and neither Walgreens nor CVS are doing the Rapid test around here. 

We are doing the home test for our January 17th cruise. I have heard that testing is available at pier with appointment but cost is $100.00.  

Thanks for the info! I didn’t realize there was such a testing shortage out here- including Northern California. Unfortunately when I tried to get an at home kit- they were sold out. 

Royal’s website does have a link for the $100 pier testing - but when I just clicked it, there were only appointments available in Baltimore. Yikes! 

Very glad to hear you have a home test. If I need a covid test for my cruise over the summer I’m definitely getting a home one early. 

Edited by laura85

12 hours ago, laura85 said:

I was on the CVS site yesterday and there are appointments available in Escondido.  We are in temecula and we're looking for a backup reservation for Sunday.  If you are in our area the Temecula 24 hour urgent care is doing testing 24 hours a day with a 30 minute wait for results for $140 per person. They will not bill insurance but you should be able to. We are on Navigator Jan 10th. 

Hi

have you tried covidclinic.org?  My brother booked an appointment through the website in Oct with no out of pocket cost. Depending on where you are , you can also try your city,  I’ve seen people mentioned Buena Park City Hall or La Habra Community Center that do testing. Don’t know how they communicate test result. 

Also although I haven’t had to pay out of pocket for any covid testing but they are not ‘free’ per se. My insurance paid $120 and $139 for antigen tests that I did at CVS!!

Check with the school district. Many have testing facilities set up at the high schools that are open to the local community as well. They don't take appointmemts usually (walk-in or drive up) but it can be an option if you are completly out of options. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

19 hours ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

When do you need your test by?  I did a search.  There are appointments 2 weeks out (1/18 & 1/19) at CVS on Culver Dr. in Irvine for the Rapid Antigen Test.

sick. org was really good last year, they deliver to your house or have drive through options in costa mesa and irvine with a pretty quick turnaround. i've used them quite a few times but when i tried to do delivery to my house the week before Christmas they never showed. I easily booked another appointment for the next day and they delivered on time.  

19 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I was on the CVS site yesterday and there are appointments available in Escondido.  We are in temecula and we're looking for a backup reservation for Sunday.  If you are in our area the Temecula 24 hour urgent care is doing testing 24 hours a day with a 30 minute wait for results for $140 per person. They will not bill insurance but you should be able to. We are on Navigator Jan 10th. 

Thank you so much for the reply! We ended up going to our local urgent care yesterday morning. We were able to get a rapid test (after standing in line for 3 hours - ouch!). 

It’s funny, when I searched cvs, none came up within California. Perhaps my time frame was too short.