Live From the Ruby Princess January 6, 2022 Mexico

HaveDogWillTravel

Just now, GrammySpo said:
On 1/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, jwattle said:

We usually adjust up for great service; the promise to do that or to remove it it they do the sales pitch will give 

For years I’ve commented on the official survey about the inappropriate begging for a rating of 10 by staff, however nothing has changed. The accuracy and value of surveys to a business are dubious at best, and maybe most useful by increasing customer satisfaction with the perception that the company is “listening” to feedback. When I taught university, the department simply handed back to me the sealed packets of student  surveys to do what I wanted with the surveys. The idea was that students felt better when they expressed their perceptions on paper.

3 hours ago, jascritz said:

For years I’ve commented on the official survey about the inappropriate begging for a rating of 10 by staff, however nothing has changed. The accuracy and value of surveys to a business are dubious at best, and maybe most useful by increasing customer satisfaction with the perception that the company is “listening” to feedback. When I taught university, the department simply handed back to me the sealed packets of student  surveys to do what I wanted with the surveys. The idea was that students felt better when they expressed their perceptions on paper.

I just retired after teaching 20 years at the college and the student surveys were definitely not treated like that. The written comments were typed up and data was summarized in graphs.  We had a meeting with our dean and two peers who served as our review committee.  They were taken very seriously. 

I imagine Princess takes our written comments seriously. I do not give every question a 10 by any means. I’ve also never had a crew member beg me for a good rating. Never over 146 days on 20 cruises. They’ve only politely asked me to remember to fill out the survey. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 4

@HaveDogWillTravelCongratulations on your retirement.  I was wondering how you were getting so many cruises in during the school year.  Welcome to the wonderful world of retirement.  I retired from teaching years ago.  Then went back to teaching summers at a private school in Hawaii (oh...that was "tough").  Retired from that during the pandemic.  No plans on going back to teaching.  Cruising got in the way of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, now that I'm all done with my packing and laundry, sorted my mail, etc, I can comment on the most wonderful disembarkation.  We obviously had the walk off option listed for our disembarkation instructions on our medallion so they assigned us to that option.  Since we were travelling with friends that did check luggage, we went to the guest services desk and matched their disembarkation time.  They were right on time with the disembarkation schedule.  Our time was listed for 8:50 AM and sure enough, at 8:49 AM, they called our color and number.  They really kept the crowds down at the gangway.  We went through CBP and just flashed our passports and were out the door lickety split.  We were then directed to where to pick up our luggage and was surprised to see it was all sorted outdoors.  Fortunately, it was a nice day in SF.  Rain would have made it a mess, though.  We were directed to where our car service should pick us up and luckily, we were home before 10 AM over in the East Bay.  Sweet!!! 

We were given a questionaire about our booster shots a couple of days before we disembarked.  I understand that the Public Health of San Francisco was requiring testing of all disembarking passengers if they haven't had a booster shot.  I predict the booster mandate to cruise with be forthcoming.  I know for those that have had their boosters, the disembarkation wasn't delay whatsoever.  I don't know if there were any delays for those that were required a test.  

I also heard through a reliable source that Hawaii started requiring all embarking passengers to be tested prior to boarding the ship.  I understand there were long lines at Pier 27 for the testing and embarkation delays for the Jan 16th sailing.  I have no reason to believe that the testing for the Mexico cruise on Jan 31st will have the same testing procedures in place as it is a Hawaii regulation.  

BTW, I booked the same itinerary for January 31st while I was onboard.  I was hoping for the same room but it was already booked, so I found one 2 doors away.  Hopefully, I will get the same room steward, Carlo.  He was awesome!  Monica, in the future cruise sales office was also so very helpful .. and super busy to boot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I just retired after teaching 20 years at the college and the student surveys were definitely not treated like that. The written comments were typed up and data was summarized in graphs.  We had a meeting with our dean and two peers who served as our review committee.  They were taken very seriously. 

I imagine Princess takes our written comments seriously. I do not give every question a 10 by any means. I’ve also never had a crew member beg me for a good rating. Never over 146 days on 20 cruises. They’ve only politely asked me to remember to fill out the survey. 

I always do the surveys as well, and have actually seen a couple of my suggestions implemented, although probably not because I said so, but others must have also commented. I have heard from crew members that they appreciated my comments and it means a lot in their perks (time off, etc.). Course those times have changed as that was prepandemic.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 1:50 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I personally spoke to the medical staff earlier in the cruise. Look back in these posts for what I learned. You would only be put in a balcony. No insides are being used for quarantine is what the medical staff told me. 

Thank you