Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

I did a search and didn't come up with my answer.

We are booked for a B2B in October.  Does Princess conduct a C-test at the end of the first cruise to ensure you are negative for the next or do you have to find your own test between the two sailings?  I think I read they conduct but just want to make sure I have the correct information since it is still such a fluid situation and we haven't sailed since 2019.

25 minutes ago, Tweedy said:

I did a search and didn't come up with my answer.

We are booked for a B2B in October.  Does Princess conduct a C-test at the end of the first cruise to ensure you are negative for the next or do you have to find your own test between the two sailings?  I think I read they conduct but just want to make sure I have the correct information since it is still such a fluid situation and we haven't sailed since 2019.

Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back to back?

Yes, we will offer back-to-back bookings, subject to availability. Guests ages 5 and above on such sailings will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the second cruise if the that sailing includes a trans-ocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will not be able to sail on the next voyage, nor will their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

4 hours ago, carlucas said:

Princess has just updated its Covid rules for criuses departing from UK

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

I don't see any relevant change

Am I right in thinking that Princess are saying that if the booster is older than 270 days but as long as you have had a booster you are considered fully vaccinated and can have either a lateral flow test or PCR within 3 days of boarding?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PplusA said:

Am I right in thinking that Princess are saying that if the booster is older than 270 days but as long as you have had a booster you are considered fully vaccinated and can have either a lateral flow test or PCR within 3 days of boarding?

Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose?

For United Kingdom voyages departing on or after May 7, COVID-19 vaccine boosters^ are required for guests 18 years and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation to be considered “fully vaccinated.”

There is currently no requirement for guests to receive a second booster dose; nor is there a requirement for guests ages 17 and under to receive an initial booster dose, regardless of when the last dose in an approved COVID-19 vaccine series was received.

Vaccination entry requirements can change without notice, so we recommend you keep your vaccination status up to date and ensure you are familiar with the requirements for the destinations you plan to visit. View the Vaccination & Testing Requirements by Region page.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, travelbug1020 said:

Tried to search for the answer to this but couldnt find it.  I live in the US - my cruise is departing on a Saturday in Rome - does getting a test on Weds in the US count as 3 days ahead of my departure?

Yes.  Out of Rome it says within 3 days. So Wednesday is 3 days before departure if it’s a Saturday.  

If your original vaccine series is over 9 mos old…don’t forget you need a booster.

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes.  Out of Rome it says within 3 days. So Wednesday is 3 days before departure if it’s a Saturday.  

If your original vaccine series is over 9 mos old…don’t forget you need a booster.

Thanks for the response, does the 8-9 hour time difference play into that at all? and you say original vaccine series over 9 months but you must mean boosters?  Our original vaccines were over a year ago.

8 minutes ago, travelbug1020 said:

Thanks for the response, does the 8-9 hour time difference play into that at all? and you say original vaccine series over 9 months but you must mean boosters?  Our original vaccines were over a year ago.

It states your original series or primary vaccine…if its older than 9 mos or 270 days then you must have a booster.

Yes, the older folks, if the vaccinated, then they are over 9 mos.  Some younger folks may have vaxed later.

Anyway, you just need 1 booster and you’re good to go.  We’ve had 2 boosters only because we were eligible.

The time difference is only to your advantage. They are ahead of us.

So your test on Weds here is also Weds over in Rome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It states your original series or primary vaccine…if its older than 9 mos or 270 days then you must have a booster.

Yes, the older folks, if the vaccinated, then they are over 9 mos.  Some younger folks may have vaxed later.

Anyway, you just need 1 booster and you’re good to go.  We’ve had 2 boosters only because we were eligible.

The time difference is only to your advantage. They are ahead of us.

So your test on Weds here is also Weds over in Rome. 

Vaccination Status

European Union Healthy Gateways Guideline

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated (ages 18 years old and above)

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen or PCR

Within 3 days*

• Like 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Vaccination Status

European Union Healthy Gateways Guideline

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated (ages 18 years old and above)

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen or PCR

Within 3 days*

Well that didn’t post too well. But you can see that the 9 mos is if your primary series of vaccine is older than 9 mos, then you are required to get a booster.

This is for originating in Europe. 
Please check the Princess website frequently and make sure there are no changes before you cruise. Don’t rely on CC for the vaccine or testing rules. They do change frequently.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelbug1020 said:

Tried to search for the answer to this but couldnt find it.  I live in the US - my cruise is departing on a Saturday in Rome - does getting a test on Weds in the US count as 3 days ahead of my departure?

If you're "up to date"...boostered.

10 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose?

For United Kingdom voyages departing on or after May 7, COVID-19 vaccine boosters^ are required for guests 18 years and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation to be considered “fully vaccinated.”

There is currently no requirement for guests to receive a second booster dose; nor is there a requirement for guests ages 17 and under to receive an initial booster dose, regardless of when the last dose in an approved COVID-19 vaccine series was received.

Vaccination entry requirements can change without notice, so we recommend you keep your vaccination status up to date and ensure you are familiar with the requirements for the destinations you plan to visit. View the Vaccination & Testing Requirements by Region page.

Thank you for your reply but it doesn’t tell me if I am considered fully vaccinated if I’ve had a booster more than 270 days ago. What I’m trying to find out is will a lateral flow test be sufficient or do we need a PCR test?

33 minutes ago, PplusA said:

Thank you for your reply but it doesn’t tell me if I am considered fully vaccinated if I’ve had a booster more than 270 days ago.

Yes, if you have had a booster you are considered to be fully vaccinated,  regardless of the date of the booster.

5 hours ago, PplusA said:

Thank you for your reply but it doesn’t tell me if I am considered fully vaccinated if I’ve had a booster more than 270 days ago. What I’m trying to find out is will a lateral flow test be sufficient or do we need a PCR test?

What types of COVID-19 tests are accepted?

Guests must take a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that's either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).

• Antigen tests include: 
    • Rapid antigen
    • Viral antigen
    • Antigen chromatographic digital immunoassay
    • Antigen chemiluminescence immunoassay
    • Antigen lateral flow fluorescence
  • Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) include: 
    • Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
    • Reverse transcription real-time PCR (RT-PCR)
    • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
    • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
    • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
    • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic
    • Isothermal amplification
    • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
    • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)
  • Like 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:
What types of COVID-19 tests are accepted?

Guests must take a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that's either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).

• Antigen tests include: 
    • Rapid antigen
    • Viral antigen
    • Antigen chromatographic digital immunoassay
    • Antigen chemiluminescence immunoassay
    • Antigen lateral flow fluorescence
  • Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) include: 
    • Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
    • Reverse transcription real-time PCR (RT-PCR)
    • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
    • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
    • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
    • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic
    • Isothermal amplification
    • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
    • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)

Yes, if you are full vaccinated and boosted….

You are ready to go.

Now, I’ve quoted from the website all the tests that are acceptable.  You can get either test.  We always get the Antigen tests, as they come back a lot

faster and cheaper than the Pcr tests.

• Like 1

Until recently the Princess website, for UK embarkation , stated that Covid testing had to be 'medically observed' and also gave a link to their preferred provider.  Both of these have disappeared and although it does make reference to having certain acceptable proofs of testing it does not clarify how or where these can be obtained.

Can anyone in the UK, advise (a) the name of the original preferred provider that did video observation and/or (b) other means and providers of supplying acceptable proof of testing. I know that Boots offer a service but none within a 50 mile radius of home do this.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, if you are full vaccinated and boosted….

You are ready to go.

Now, I’ve quoted from the website all the tests that are acceptable.  You can get either test.  We always get the Antigen tests, as they come back a lot

faster and cheaper than the Pcr tests.

Except that many health providers like ours (Kaiser) in Oregon do PCR tests for free and we have always gotten results in under 36 hours

21 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:
Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back to back?

Yes, we will offer back-to-back bookings, subject to availability. Guests ages 5 and above on such sailings will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the second cruise if the that sailing includes a trans-ocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will not be able to sail on the next voyage, nor will their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

Thank you but still doesn't really answer my question.