B01 zone

diannezzz

Our arrival time for Mardi Gras is 10:30-11:00 with a B01 zone. We are Platinum and on  a recent cruise we had the same arrival time but were in zone A02.  Should we arrive later to avoid waiting a long time in the terminal?    I read somewhere the zones are 1-13?  Thanks for any suggestions.

• Like 1

I'd still arrive in your appointed time slot.  My experience is that the A01-?? groups go pretty quick.  I've not been in B since the restart but I'm guessing they get through A in a matter of minutes.  Have fun.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 8:28 AM, diannezzz said:

I read somewhere the zones are 1-13?  Thanks for any suggestions.

From my recent experience I believe it 01 through 04 for each letter.  And yes, I'd arrive within your assigned window (even though many folks for some reason think that arriving an hour or more before their time slot will get them on the ship sooner when in fact it just clogs up the terminal).

• Like 2

I go through a similar dilemma when we are offered a 10:00 - 10:30 arrival appointment.  Even though we are group A01, I know we likely won't start boarding until close to 11:00 so we are going to end up waiting somewhere.  But at least the waiting room at the boarding area is comfortable (temperature controlled with chairs).  

• Like 1

I think it depends on how many people on the cruise are higher ranking when it comes to loyalty. On Mardi Gras I was A06. On Panorama and Vista I was A02. I assumed more plats and dias are probably cruising on the new ship so I had a lower number on Mardi Gras. Personally I'm going to always try to arrive at the beginning of my arrival timeframe.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 7:28 AM, diannezzz said:

Our arrival time for Mardi Gras is 10:30-11:00 with a B01 zone. We are Platinum and on  a recent cruise we had the same arrival time but were in zone A02.  Should we arrive later to avoid waiting a long time in the terminal?    I read somewhere the zones are 1-13?  Thanks for any suggestions.

We are Platinum and our recent cruise we had an O2 zone. Arrived around 1110am flew right through check in and was on the ship in 20 minutes.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, groundloop said:

From my recent experience I believe it 01 through 04 for each letter.  And yes, I'd arrive within your assigned window (even though many folks for some reason think that arriving an hour or more before their time slot will get them on the ship sooner when in fact it just clogs up the terminal).

We had B10 on the Mardi Gras and there were more after us.