Majestic Princess Boarding times

dockman

Any recent majestic princess mexico cruisers have any info on earliest boarding time in San Pedro?...my flight arrives lax at 6;15 am so take Uber to port after sitting around in airport for few hours then to pier.  Not sure which is worse sitting at airport for hours or go ahead and go to pier and sit there in hopes they might let me board early.  Apparently earliest princess shuttles leave LAX 11;30 -12 noon so would have to sit in airport long time...uber can go anytime i want.

When I went in October I got to LAX around 11, and they said I'd just missed a transfer bus, but caught one around 11:20. Unfortunately, it took 20 minutes or so to circle all the terminals to pick up passengers, and the people in front of me refused to wear a mask, and I'm sure there were others with uncovered noses or ineffective cloth ones. So just because of the hassles and risks, I'd Uber (check Lyft too, sometimes it's cheaper), get there early, drop off your bags with a porter, and visit the USS Iowa or stroll along the harbor, which has monuments. There are some coffee shops and drug stores in San Pedro too, if you want to pick up things for the cruise. I would also think that the omicron wave is removing a lot of bus drivers from service too, and potentially the people checking people in at every airport terminal, another reason to get private transportation and spend the morning outside in San Pedro. 

I would think 10:30 to 11am you could enter building to be checked in,probably a little before that to drop off luggage.

My mom and her husband were on the majestic December 29 -10 day cruise and unfortunately they were a little later than that because they adhered to the boarding time that princess told them.(  even though they knew nobody was probably looking at their boarding time they are elite ) They live very close to San Pedro and it was raining cats and dogs that day and they were hoping it would stop so they waited a little longer than normal. 

Hope your cruise and boarding time goes smoothly. I say do exactly what you presented and let us know how it all worked out . Yes take Uber or Lyft to port.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1