Carnival Sunshine class ships - best aft wrap-around suite?

TrinaLC

Title pretty much says it all. On many ships there can be huge differences between “like” balconies depending on deck. 

our bias is towards bigger balcony. 

I’ve searched and not found a thread comparing these aft wrap-around s on Sunshine eg al

Hope to get some advice!  TIA 🙂

I did a you tube search. There was only one good, clear video. 

My sense is that the rooms are pretty crappy though, small and weird angled. On the Victory class ships these are great cabins. 

Still wondering if any are better …

try www.cruisedeckplans.com.  they have videos and/or pictures of every aft wrap on the Sunshine from Deck 5 through 8.  looks like the decks are smallest on Deck 5 and get bigger as you go up.  Deck 5 really isn't even an aft "wrap."

Edited by bstel
typo

We had an aft wrap on deck 8 some years ago on Victory (now Radiance). The balcony was wonderful - shaded on the side and we had the angle and aft for sun. The cabin was okay, but you're right - it's an odd shape. Truth be told, though, I preferred that cabin to the aft wrap we had on Horizon - less closet and storage space.

21 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

We had 8333 - great deck since it has a large portion on the back and side.  We utilized the side portion more since it was shaded and had the room for 16 days.  I'll check to see if I have any photos from the room or balcony.  

How was the room?  

On 1/15/2022 at 6:46 AM, TrinaLC said:

How was the room?  

Room worked for us.  The couch on the side gave us room to put our backpacks, items that we needed some access to but was still out of the way.  We like the TV on the wall with the windows behind so that we can look out in the mornings from the bed.  Plenty of closet space, and a desk for if we needed to work any.  Best balcony we have ever had and even with the Havana bar above us, the room was generally quiet. 

We spent a lot of time in the ocean plaza/red frog pub area.  The Red Frog servers would come out and make sure that our drinks were always full.