Hotel recommendations for sailing out of Seattle

dgoz

On 1/20/2022 at 4:50 PM, dgoz said:

I'm considering staying here and doing the glass museum on the night we fly in and then walking to Pike Place Market in the morning of our cruise for that early access food tour. Did you eat at any good restaurants in that space needle area?

Within a 15 minute walk is Toulouse Petit a Cajun/seafood restaurant.  Also, Tilikum Place Café which is about 1 block away. Both are very popular and require reservations.  There is a full service grocery store 15 minutes away, Metropolitan Market. It’s a locally owned store with a great deli section.

The walk to the market from the Hyatt would be nice if the weather is good. If not, the monorail travels from the Seattle Center to Westlake where it would be just a few blocks away.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know a good way to get to the market from the Marriott waterfront? We use to just take Lenora street bridge, but that is no longer an option with construction going on. We are leaving the middle of May and I don't think construction will be done by then. TIA

1 hour ago, Topdog52 said:

Does anyone know a good way to get to the market from the Marriott waterfront? We use to just take Lenora street bridge, but that is no longer an option with construction going on. We are leaving the middle of May and I don't think construction will be done by then. TIA

The closest operating elevator is about 1 block north of the Marriott directly across from the Pier 66 cruise terminal.  This takes you up to Bell St. From there you would walk down Elliott Ave directly to the market, about ½ mile total.  There is also an elevator and stairs across from the aquarium.  You’d walk south along Alaskan Way towards the Great Wheel. Again, about ½ mile from the Marriott.  This can be mapped.

There is a webcam of the Lenora St (waterfront-bridge construction) project here. Yeah, it doesn’t look close enough to being done for May.

https://seattlewaterfront.org/live-seattle-waterfront-views-webcams/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

The closest operating elevator is about 1 block north of the Marriott directly across from the Pier 66 cruise terminal.  This takes you up to Bell St. From there you would walk down Elliott Ave directly to the market, about ½ mile total.  There is also an elevator and stairs across from the aquarium.  You’d walk south along Alaskan Way towards the Great Wheel. Again, about ½ mile from the Marriott.  This can be mapped.

There is a webcam of the Lenora St (waterfront-bridge construction) project here. Yeah, it doesn’t look close enough to being done for May.

https://seattlewaterfront.org/live-seattle-waterfront-views-webcams/

Thank You!! I was not sure if you could walk down Elliott Ave from Bell St. It look like the side walks were closed. Both ways seem very simple so once again TY.

13 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

Thank You!! I was not sure if you could walk down Elliott Ave from Bell St. It look like the side walks were closed. Both ways seem very simple so once again TY.

The construction does spill out onto Elliott but there are still pedestrian paths through there.  I walk through there several times per week. Another option, if you have even a little more time is to walk past Elliott and up to 1st Ave then towards the Market. It will give you a good idea of the Belltown area, the older buildings, restaurants, coffee shops

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

If you're looking for awesome, the Inn at the Market.

Hello.  I was reading about crime in downtown and Market area.  Is it safe to stay at the Inn at the Market, and walk through the market?  Also, due to COVID, are many vendors/restaurants/stores closed down; is the market partly deserted? Thank you.

17 minutes ago, KimberleyFL said:

Hello.  I was reading about crime in downtown and Market area.  Is it safe to stay at the Inn at the Market, and walk through the market?  Also, due to COVID, are many vendors/restaurants/stores closed down; is the market partly deserted? Thank you.

Yes, it would be very safe to stay at this hotel and make the very short walk to the actual Market.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jalves said:

Yes, it would be very safe to stay at this hotel and make the very short walk to the actual Market.  

Thank you for the quick response.  Do you know if the Market still plenty of vendors/restaurants/stores or have many closed down due to COVID?  I'm just wondering if the Market has been affected like our local malls; one local mall has 1/2 or less than 1/2 of the stores it had pre COVID. It is really sad to go there.  Once popular places are now practically deserted.

Edited by KimberleyFL
wrong word used

37 minutes ago, KimberleyFL said:

Thank you for the quick response.  Do you know if the Market still plenty of vendors/restaurants/stores or have many closed down due to COVID?  I'm just wondering if the Market has been affected like our local malls; one local mall has 1/2 or less than 1/2 of the stores it had pre COVID. It is really sad to go there.  Once popular places are now practically deserted.

Still plenty of vendors, retailers etc.  Some come and some go, just like in the rest of the world, but the market is still going strong.  Of course it's February, so nothing like the summer crowds, but still active.  It looks like the Pike Place Fish people (where they fling the salmon about) have a new webcam if interested.  (Remember we're on Pacific time.)  Live Cam Pike Place Market - Front Viwe - Seattle, Washington - United States (iplivecams.com)

Edited by Gardyloo
  • Like 4

On 2/13/2022 at 8:42 AM, Gardyloo said:

It looks like the Pike Place Fish people (where they fling the salmon about) have a new webcam if interested.  (Remember we're on Pacific time.)  Live Cam Pike Place Market - Front Viwe - Seattle, Washington - United States (iplivecams.com)

Thank you my friend for sharing this webcam link!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

We stayed at the Belltown Inn, on Bell and 3rd Avenue. We walked from Westlake Rail station, walked to Pike Place Market and Space Needle. It was very reasonable, very clean and had great service. We would def. stay there again. We ate at La Parisienne on 2nd and Marrakesh Moroccan on 3rd, both around the corner. Loved it and highly recommend it.

• Like 1