Yacht Club Drink Package and Specialty Restaurants

PDXer2

I can't seem to find a clear answer to this question. I am on the 3/5/22 Meraviglia sailing in Yacht Club and want to know if the drinks at Holas are included in the package or are they extra cost. Different listings of the packages give different answers.

Thanks

13 hours ago, PDXer2 said:

I can't seem to find a clear answer to this question. I am on the 3/5/22 Meraviglia sailing in Yacht Club and want to know if the drinks at Holas are included in the package or are they extra cost. Different listings of the packages give different answers.

Thanks

YC drink package used to go with you--all over the ship-with a caveat...

Your drinks are included up to the YC package limit and availability. Meaning if you drink Johnny Walker Blue and want that--but the bar you are sitting in doesn't have it... pick something else.

IF that has changed--that the YC drink package isn't ship-wide-- it would be helpful if someone posted the language from the MSC website sourcing... 

As we understand that policy is till in effect

The premium drink package is accepted in the specialty restaurants.  We had NO problem using them on our Dec 27th sailing, HOWEVER HOLA doesn't accept any packages because it is not owned by MSC. 

It is a third party company that leases the space. 

• Like 1

We were able to use our premium package in Hola on Virtuosa last June, we are going again in May, if we can no longer use the package I assume we can just carry a drink from elsewhere in with us?

28 minutes ago, skyking said:

The premium drink package is accepted in the specialty restaurants.  We had NO problem using them on our Dec 27th sailing, HOWEVER HOLA doesn't accept any packages because it is not owned by MSC. 

It is a third party company that leases the space. 

Your posting highlights MSC and the art of miscommunication.  Your experience (getting drinks in the specialty restaurants)  probably did happen, but it is against MSC stated policy, which is attached.  We all know that MSC is a left hand fooling the right hand operation.  While you may enjoy an exception or exceptions to the rules, nonetheless the rules are there.  I suspect servers have been  bending the rules in specialty restaurants because of low load factors.  I am of the opinion that the rules will become more sacrosanct as load factors begin to climb in the coming months.

Interesting point about Hola being a third party.  While that is definitely the case for Venchi an Jean Phillipe, I was under the understanding that Hola was a limited partnership between MSC and Ramon Freixa, formed in 2019.  He also partnered earlier with them on the Ocean Cay restaurants.  If Hola is  a third party, is that also the case for Ocean Cay? Shouldn't they both be the same?

image.png

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

YC drink package used to go with you--all over the ship-with a caveat...

Your drinks are included up to the YC package limit and availability. Meaning if you drink Johnny Walker Blue and want that--but the bar you are sitting in doesn't have it... pick something else.

IF that has changed--that the YC drink package isn't ship-wide-- it would be helpful if someone posted the language from the MSC website sourcing... 

As we understand that policy is till in effect

Oh, the good old days of being able to buy the Premium Plus upgrade and get JW Blue!  Blue was never a free drink in the YC package, only if you upgraded.  With regard to language, it is in fact posted on the site.  As YC, you get the highest-end package: Premium Extra.  The two caveats are that the price cap is $15 per drink, and they clearly state it can't be used in specialty restaurants or the chocolate or crepes venues.

That's not to say they won't bend the rules, especially with low passenger count numbers.  If you are sitting in BC, and they say the drink package doesn't work, I suspect that if you excuse yourself to get "free" drinks at the cocktail and wine bar the waiters will offer to get them for you.  However, I also suspect as load factors increase, MSC "leadership" will alter the rule interpretation to say all drinks in the restaurant must be purchased, not part of the package.

image.png

11 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Oh, the good old days of being able to buy the Premium Plus upgrade and get JW Blue!  Blue was never a free drink in the YC package, only if you upgraded.  With regard to language, it is in fact posted on the site.  As YC, you get the highest-end package: Premium Extra.  The two caveats are that the price cap is $15 per drink, and they clearly state it can't be used in specialty restaurants or the chocolate or crepes venues.

That's not to say they won't bend the rules, especially with low passenger count numbers.  If you are sitting in BC, and they say the drink package doesn't work, I suspect that if you excuse yourself to get "free" drinks at the cocktail and wine bar the waiters will offer to get them for you.  However, I also suspect as load factors increase, MSC "leadership" will alter the rule interpretation to say all drinks in the restaurant must be purchased, not part of the package.

image.png

THIS is a bummer.. TY for the clarification...It IS a real bummer

I had forgotten that we weren't on the YC package-- we paid for thee Prem Plus

We use our Diamond perk in the specialty restaurants and appreciated that the Prem Plus package followed us.  It sounds like MSC capped things. I did read here where CCers bragged about abusing the package. 😞

Will have to ask. I am not in the habit of carrying a glass of wine to dine in the specialty restaurants... and re saki etc and things you want food paired..  😞

We enjoyed the Prem Plus package- while pricey- we found it worthwhile for vacay

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAGR said:

image.png

On the UK website it says this about the Premium Extra package - 

*Package can be enjoyed in our bars, buffet, restaurants, speciality restaurants, Ocean Cay Island and other exclusive destinations. Cannot be consumed signature venues ( Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, Starship Club, Hola! Tacos & Cantina). On board currency applies.

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

*Package can be enjoyed in our bars, buffet, restaurants, speciality restaurants, Ocean Cay Island and other exclusive destinations. Cannot be consumed signature venues ( Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, Starship Club, Hola! Tacos & Cantina). On board currency applies.

I'd say good on you!  I may carry that one with me on board when eating in the restaurants!  It is amazing how consistently inconsistent MSC is! Lol!  Thanks for posting this!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

WOW-- is that for a Med sailing vs Carib?

I'm going to look for our e ticket to check there

From our E ticket (Carib sailing)

Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and
restaurants of the ship
according to the drink selections available in the
different venues

We do know that OC is included. 

I suspect we are OK then. Crisis averted! 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

No, it's just on the website for all cruises. My actual booking for a Fjords cruise says 'an extensive premium beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship'. So it doesn't even mention the excluded places!

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

He had mentioned the Virtuoso in June.  I think that was just UK sailing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

From our E ticket (Carib sailing)

Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and
restaurants of the ship
according to the drink selections available in the
different venues

We do know that OC is included. 

I suspect we are OK then. Crisis averted! 😄

I hope, but with MSC, a crisis averted creates another crisis somewhere else.  Whack-a-Mole!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kernow said:

No, it's just on the website for all cruises. My actual booking for a Fjords cruise says 'an extensive premium beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship'. So it doesn't even mention the excluded places!

This is from my E ticket for YC.

I'd argue it says ALL restaurants and it doesn't list any exclusions. I'll ask the YC Director when we board

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

This is from my E ticket for YC.

I'd argue it says ALL restaurants and it doesn't list any exclusions. I'll ask the YC Director when we board

Thanks!  I'm curious.  We are not on board until end of February for a B2B.

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

Thanks!  I'm curious.  We are not on board until end of February for a B2B.

We will just miss you..B2B(s) and off mid month

Am hoping the YC package travels the ship as before.

The Prem Plus was wonderful-- unfortunate it is gone. I wonder if they have changed up whats in the bars...there were some pretty nice niche items in Top Sail and we had an outstanding sommelier who wine paired our dinners for 2 weeks. Outstanding

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

He had mentioned the Virtuoso in June.  I think that was just UK sailing.

We are on Virtuosa in May but the wording is on the main UK site under drink packages and covers all cruises anywhere in the world hence the mention of onboard currency.

I am still confused and hope someone who has been on the Meraviglia in Yacht Club this month can answer the questions. I, also, saw the different descriptions which is what lead to the original post.

Thanks everyone for your input.

6 hours ago, PDXer2 said:

I am still confused and hope someone who has been on the Meraviglia in Yacht Club this month can answer the questions. I, also, saw the different descriptions which is what lead to the original post.

Thanks everyone for your input.

What is on your ticket? Booking docs? Does it exclude ? I posted what is our E ticket

Is this Med? Carib? 

Here is what I found:

PRIVILEGES − Dedicated priority check−in and check−out − Butler service available 24 hours − Dedicated concierge available 24 hours − Room service available 24 hours − Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues −Premium Internet Package, up to 4 GB (depending on the length of the cruise). − Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea SPA − Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers) − Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club point.

This is a Carib cruise.

Thanks I will see what happens.

Really excited this is my first experience with MSC and the Yacht Club.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PDXer2 said:

Here is what I found:

PRIVILEGES − Dedicated priority check−in and check−out − Butler service available 24 hours − Dedicated concierge available 24 hours − Room service available 24 hours − Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues −Premium Internet Package, up to 4 GB (depending on the length of the cruise). − Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea SPA − Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers) − Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club point.

This is a Carib cruise.

Thanks I will see what happens.

Really excited this is my first experience with MSC and the Yacht Club.

Not sure how you interpret that.  Unlimited in YC would seem to mean just that, but we all know there are upcharge items.

Last part, up to legal mumbo jumbo of whatever a given venue has available and their terms.