Final Payment Date

Empehi

1 hour ago, sheryltx said:

I got an email from Priceline stating my final payment is due February 5th for our May 16th cruise. Do they have different rules than the cruise line?

They must.    Cause Royal is 30.  

3 hours ago, freddyfish said:

When i log in to my Voyager april 24 sailing the payment date still is feb 8th. European sailing and booking. So maybe other rules apply here. 

Depending on the market it was booked and departure port, yes, it could be a different timeline for final payment.

4 hours ago, freddyfish said:

When i log in to my Voyager april 24 sailing the payment date still is feb 8th. European sailing and booking. So maybe other rules apply here. 

I have an upcoming cruise on Odyssey out of Rome in May and the final payment date on that was shifted to April. However, I booked with a US TA.

I just did a mock booking for your sailing here on Royal's Portuguese website and it does show final payment as being 8th February, so it looks as though it is related to the market you booked in rather than your cruise destination.

10 hours ago, sheryltx said:

I got an email from Priceline stating my final payment is due February 5th for our May 16th cruise. Do they have different rules than the cruise line?

The final payment date set by Royal is 30 days.  travel agencies are free to set whatever dates they want.  They want to keep it at 90 because once final is made they get their commission

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The final payment date set by Royal is 30 days.  travel agencies are free to set whatever dates they want.  They want to keep it at 90 because once final is made they get their commission

Yep, ours kept it at 45 days (which was the rule at the time of booking) even though I asked for it to be updated to 30 days. She said her agency hadn't changed the rules to align with RC yet. And sure enough, I was charged at 45 days even though my actual receipt still says I have until the 30 day mark to make final payment.

I called Priceline and the agent confirmed that they will abide by Royal Caribbean's new 30 day rule. She said it may still show up as the original due date, but assured me our reservation would not be cancelled if we decide to wait until 30 days out.