What Cruiseport In New York

awinte2

I have just booked Carribbean Princess 16 day Greenland cruise out of New York. I am a little confused on the Cruise Port.  Would it be leaving from Manhatten Cruise Port or Brooklyn Cruise Port.

Also want to stay 2 nights in New York.  Does anyone recommend a nice hotel and area to stay close to the port.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Arlene

13 minutes ago, awinte2 said:

I have just booked Carribbean Princess 16 day Greenland cruise out of New York. I am a little confused on the Cruise Port.  Would it be leaving from Manhatten Cruise Port or Brooklyn Cruise Port.

Also want to stay 2 nights in New York.  Does anyone recommend a nice hotel and area to stay close to the port.

Arlene

They don’t start until August, and they all say Manhattan or Brooklyn.  Maybe they are still working out the details with NY ports.

Did you book with a TA or PCL?  They should be able to give you an idea when they will know the port.

29 minutes ago, awinte2 said:

Arlene

On the Princess website it says Brooklyn.

Heres a link.  I still would recheck it though.  Not everything is updated on the website. There is also hotel info there.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/cruise-ports-and-hotels/

1 hour ago, awinte2 said:

Arlene

If you plan to stay two nights, I'd recommend not being near the port, but stay in the Times Square area.  That's a great place to spend a few days.  We always stay at the Renaissance by Marriott in Times Square.  

Our ship departed from Brooklyn. But we stayed in the Times Square area to run around the city. Then we shared a transfer with my sister and BIL to the port. My sister and BIL stayed 2 nights because he had never been to NYC.