Don't wait to the last minute to verify your boarding pass !!!!!!!!!!!

groundloop

I recently had our travel agent get us a better rate for our upcoming Feb. 7th cruise.  I did online check-in Monday and when I tried to print the boarding pass I was greeted with "Not available at this time, reservation must be paid in full to receive boarding pass".  Obviously someone at Carnival messed things up while processing the rate-code change.

Our travel agent is trying to get the issue fixed, but she told me she was on hold with Carnival for three hours yesterday morning  before getting disconnected, and tried again yesterday afternoon but couldn't get through.  I'm confident she'll get it taken care of, and am thankful I'm not a procrastinator and noticed this issue with (what I hope is) plenty of time to get it straightened out before our cruise.

Guest BasicSailor

I've noticed this a few times on this board where the rate changed, and full payment was needed to finalize sailing. I even had to change one of our sailings as it threw us into a different cat.

Edited by BasicSailor

37 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

I've noticed this a few times on this board where the rate changed, and full payment was needed to finalize sailing. I even had to change one of our sailings as it threw us into a different cat.

I got cancelled on a breeze leg. Price dropped and got approved and 30 seconds later cancelled. It was midnight so couldnt call until next day. I found my cabin and put a hold on it.

Next day new booking number and was fixed but I couldnt sleep. Deposit went from 50 to 75 reduced deposit so my deposit wasnt fully paid. Wasnt to final yet. System should give you 24 hours before it cancels imo.

When we had a rate drop, but it required an extra deposit, I did the extra deposit on the spot with our TA. I was on the phone with him since with a TA you had to go through him (or her) to get the rate drop. He made sure I knew of the extra deposit, and as I said it was done immediately.

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Or your travel agent mucked up and didn't make payment.......

Nope, not a chance, it was already paid in full and I verified that fact on Carnival's website. 

In fact the cabin in question is for our adult kids, there's no issue with our cabin.  One son had one of the super crazy offers Carnival has been giving out lately and our travel agent was able to get their cabin changed to that rate after final payment.