Cocktails in MDR

57eric

I'm considering my first Celebrity cruise and wondering how cocktail orders are placed in the MDR.  On other lines, I've seen this done with roving bar waiters (works well), sommeliers (works well) and the table waitstaff.  How does Celebrity handle it?

Thanks.

Celebrity has roving bar waiters in the MDR.  But I've also seen sommeliers and assistant waiters get people's cocktails when the bar waiter is slammed with drink orders.  Don't worry about getting your drink.  If you don't see the bar waiter quick enough, all you have to do is tell your waiter that you'd like to order a cocktail and someone will definitely show up to take your order.  Plus from my experience the bar waiter typically finds out within a day or two who the "drinkers" are......LOL.....You will have no problems whatsoever.

• Like 2

I see in the dining room section on my cruise planner that drinks ordered in one of the MDRs will have a 20% gratuity added.  Don't understand how that would work with a beverage package, but that's what it says!  Just before it says that you can get sick from eating undercooked food.  

Good to know if it's true in all cases.  Better forewarned...

23 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

I see in the dining room section on my cruise planner that drinks ordered in one of the MDRs will have a 20% gratuity added.  Don't understand how that would work with a beverage package, but that's what it says!  Just before it says that you can get sick from eating undercooked food.  

Good to know if it's true in all cases.  Better forewarned...

Gratuities are included with the beverage packages.

I've found service hit or miss for drinks other than wine in the MDR.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:52 PM, hrhdhd said:

Gratuities are included with the beverage packages.

I've found service hit or miss for drinks other than wine in the MDR.

Yes, the same for us.  Unless you are ordering wine, you will wait quite a while for your cocktail.

We usually bring a drink in with us.

We usually have a drink from a lounge or bar when we walk in.  That way we get the drink we want from the BT that makes it the way we like it. 

When the wine server comes around we order wine.   It the drink server comes around and we want another we will order another but normally stick to wine during dinner.    There are after dinner drinks but I don’t want to hang around in the MDR a having a drink.   There are others places that have something going on where I can get a drink 

With a package gratuities are included 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, SFO-F/A said:

Yes, the same for us.  Unless you are ordering wine, you will wait quite a while for your cocktail.

We usually bring a drink in with us.

Agreed - cocktail service is very slow in the MDR. It's also a bad idea to order anything outside of the basics, since you won't be able to explain how you like your cocktail. Like others, we stop elsewhere for pre-dinner cocktails and stick to wine in the MDR.