Regent refund on cruise they cancelled

bluestocking7

I was booked on the Navigator January 6 cruise that Regent cancelled in December.  Today a credit appeared on my credit card for about $8000 less than the full charged amount.  Question:  Does Regent sometimes refund in installments?  Or is this likely a mistake that my TA should contest right away?  When Regent cancelled they said a full refund would be given within 60 days, and we are still a couple of weeks within that.  

Any other passengers here from that cancelled Navigator cruise?  What are your experiences?

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You will get it in 2 or 3 pieces depending on how you paid (deposit, balance due, etc.).

I could understand two installments, but the amount refunded is a very random amount--down to the cents--that is thousands less than my final payment and thousands more than my deposit.

18 hours ago, bluestocking7 said:

I could understand two installments, but the amount refunded is a very random amount--down to the cents--that is thousands less than my final payment and thousands more than my deposit.

If you call Regent, they will identify the payments....those you have received and those that are still in process.

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If you call Regent, they will identify the payments....those you have received and those that are still in process.

My TA called Regent and they have refunded the full amount, but in 4 chunks, on 2 different days.  So far my credit card only reflects one chunk, albeit the biggest one.  So I guess I'll just wait a couple of days and hope that the other 3 chunks turn up.  No idea how they came up with the 4 numbers--all different.  

As usual:  Pcardad's straight-forward explanation on this Thread as to Regent's refund policy when IT cancels a cruise is accurate--and simple.

Unfortunately, we have gone through this Drill on four occasions due to COVID--the most recent of which regarded Mariner's April-May '22 Tokyo to San Francisco segment.  This ran-aground when Regent changed the original itinerary.  Ours was to be aboard on the last segment of that World Cruise. 

Nope. 

We received Regent's cancelation announcement concerning our segment on January 6th.  Frankly, not a surprise.  Refunds would be made within the next 60 days. 

First credit back to the Credit Card utilized for all payments was posted on January 30th.   This covered our final payment.  The second, and final, credit back for our initial payment was posted today.  So, yet-again, we have been made whole.   

Bottom Line:  On all occasions, reimbursements for cruise segments Regent has canceled have been received well-within Regent's self-imposed 60-day "window".

GOARMY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 10 January our TA requested refund for our RSSC-cancelled cruise and informed us that refund may take 60 days. Today (40 days after our request) we received a refund of all but the deposit amount, which we're confident, based on what most folks have reported here, that we'll receive within the 60 day window. 

On 2/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, GOARMY said:

JDincalif:  

Yep.  you should have confidence you will be taking that final refund all the way back to the Bank in the near-future. 

GOARMY!

GOARMY - All refunds have now posted. We're pleased that RSSC's outstanding onboard experience has been matched by its prompt and reliable service in this situation. - JD

The three entries that I had been waiting for showed up in the mail.  Apparently these were from the deposit from the first cruise that got cancelled and the money went from cruise to cruise that kept getting cancelled.  With the last cancelation all was refunded and these three items were put on a credit card we had cancelled.  After I got the statement I called and a check is now in the mail.