Encore cabin question re: noise, vibration

calliopecruiser

I've just booked a November voyage on the Encore, and I have a question after looking at the deck plans:  There is a big gap running the height of the ship between cabins on the starboard size, separating cabins 643 and 645, 746 and 747, and 841 and 843; on decks 9, 10 and 11, it is between a cabin and a public area.  I presume that gap on the deck plans is filled with equipment related to HVAC or other ship operations.  My current (random) assigned cabin is 745, and I wonder if whatever is in that "gap" creates noticeable noise or vibration.  I am not very picky about location and am usually happy to take any assigned cabin, but that gap on the deck plans made me wonder. 

Yes, there is that space on each deck. Why not change suites to avoid worrying about it? Or maybe contacting Seabourn directly can solve the mystery. If it is a crew stairway, the door opening and closing often might bother you (though suites are pretty well insulated).

I was just in room 1129 a few weeks ago on the Ovation. This room is in line with the rooms you listed. There was a slight vibration which we initially noticed on boarding when the ship was docked. However, once the ship was moving we didn’t notice it. The next time docked it was just white noise, and we didn’t notice it. The service stairs and elevator were never an issue at all. We wouldn’t hesitate to book that room again .