Coffee Creamer

bafinegan

Just back from the Seashore ( Jan 15-22) and had a GREAT time!  Fell in love with the coffee creamer.  I had it written down but can't find it now.  DOes anyone know the type of coffee creamer used by MSC.  It makes the coffee soo good!

Thanks in advance!

baf

On Divina in November and at the buffet they were using "Coffee Mate" brand creamer in large pumps, both flavored and "Original".

I say "Original" because, that what I saw at the coffee station, and I asked for it.

I thought to myself, great, this is what I use at home.

When I received my coffee it was VERY sweet.

I went up to check and was shown a bottle of Coffee Mate Sweetened Original, so it was loaded with sugar and/or corn syrup.

They had no other, so I had to get a carton of milk with my coffee.

If you are diabetic, (as I) or do not take a sweetener, be aware.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

The stuff I got was in a little pitcher and very thick.  I had to spoon it out into my coffee.  It was sweet, so I did not have to add any extra sugar.  A little went a long way.

That sounds like it could of been some type of sweetened condensed milk

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bafinegan said:

The stuff I got was in a little pitcher and very thick.  I had to spoon it out into my coffee.  It was sweet, so I did not have to add any extra sugar.  A little went a long way.

That was sweetened condensed milk.  On MSC if you ask for creamer they will bring you a small pitcher of sweetened condensed milk.  I had that happen and had to tell them I wanted half and half, not sweetened condensed milk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

Was the coffee it self good?  We need a pot of it  to start our day 😆 so even if it’s bad we’ll take it!

We have sailed on Celebrity, NCL, Carnival and Princess and MSC has the best coffee of them all. I can't stand the coffee on the other cruise lines.

4 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

Was the coffee it self good?  We need a pot of it  to start our day 😆 so even if it’s bad we’ll take it!

I thought it was very good and I'm kind of a coffee snob.  The cappuccino was also very good.  Strong but with a lot of flavor.

19 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We have sailed on Celebrity, NCL, Carnival and Princess and MSC has the best coffee of them all. I can't stand the coffee on the other cruise lines.

Yes!!! Some of the other lines tastes instant/over roasted but at the same time watered line which is a bizarre combo 

glad to hear MSC is good hehhe 

where is a good place to get coffee on mera with easy+ package?

Edited by FrostyJoe

10 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Yes!!! Some of the other lines tastes instant/over roasted but at the same time watered line which is a bizarre combo 

glad to hear MSC is good hehhe 

where is a good place to get coffee on mera with easy+ package?

I have not been on the Meraviglia but I would image if it is like their other ships that we have been on it would be Jean-Phillippe Chocolate and Coffee.  MSC has a lot of specialty coffees that are covered under the easy plus package. I tried quite a few of them. 

On other cruise lines I always took instant coffee because it was better than the stuff they tried to pass off as coffee. I was shocked at how good the coffee in the buffet even was.  They had instant coffee available and I got that and dh told me to try the coffee in the pots.  Glad I did.  You won't be disappointed in the coffee on MSC.