Covid Recovered-positive test

So Disney Cruise Line has a policy that if you are recovered from covid within 90 days of sail date, show the positive PCR and a Dr note that you are recovered you dont have to test at the port.  I cant find any policy for Royal about recently recovered covid since you can still test positive for several months. Is there such a policy? 

1 minute ago, firstsailor said:

So Disney Cruise Line has a policy that if you are recovered from covid within 90 days of sail date, show the positive PCR and a Dr note that you are recovered you dont have to test at the port.  I cant find any policy for Royal about recently recovered covid since you can still test positive for several months. Is there such a policy? 

No such policy at royal. You need to have negative test 2 days prior to departure to sail. No other options,

• Like 3

As binro said, no such policy.

On the other hand, for Royal Caribbean vaccinated passengers do not have to take a pre-cruise PCR test; they can use an antigen test (much less likely to show that persistent positivity.  Nor are vaccinated passengers retested at the port as the OP’s post implies Disney is doing.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeMan said:

So the  Documentaion of Recovery does not work for Royal?

Nope. Still need to produce a negative test 2 day prior to boarding. You can take the less sensitive antigen test, since PCR test have been known to produce positive results months after infection. 

Edited by binro01

It truly is a hit or miss.   My DH had covid and 14-days later we both had a standard PCR test and tested negative.     If your sailing is not happening for a while maybe a week or two before your sailing take a rapid antigen test at CVS or one of the home kits to see what result you get.    

1 hour ago, firstsailor said:

No such provision on Royal. And with the rate of re-infection, it is probably best. 

A cruise is a big investment. I am not sure why  you would not take the time and get a PCR test now and ensure that you are testing negative. And an antigen test (if you can find one, your insurance company is compelled to pay for it). 

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No such provision on Royal. And with the rate of re-infection, it is probably best. 

A cruise is a big investment. I am not sure why  you would not take the time and get a PCR test now and ensure that you are testing negative. And an antigen test (if you can find one, your insurance company is compelled to pay for it). 

Thanks... Im not "not doing" anything. I am just trying to be clear on the policies since each cruise line is different.