Veuve Clicquot dinner?

JahHaus

11 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

$250 is fair if they do Grande Dame but not for the common shelf stuff. Any limitation on how much you can order?

drink or food?  doesn't matter...the answer is no. The meal is very orchestrated.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

drink or food?  doesn't matter...the answer is no. The meal is very orchestrated.

This is correct. They had a set number of bottles they would open and set dishes to eat. I don't eat shellfish, so they were able to "accommodate" me by serving me extra of something else for those dishes and giving my shellfish to my husband. We had to let them know that when we made the reservation and were warned I wouldn't be getting something different, just another of whatever I could eat.

We did get extra pours of bubbly if there was still some left in a bottle they opened, but it was far from a "free for all". The whole experience was partly a push to sell some 2008 Dom they had on the ship to high-end wine lovers. I enjoyed it, but likely wouldn't do it again. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, pcrum said:

My daughter is gluten free, so I hope they will accommodate that request.  I will be sure to verify this when I make our reservations onboard.  

Our friend did the champagne dinner and she is celiac.  Didn’t have any problem.  But she didn’t give me specifics on her menu.

We were told a minimum of six people were required. Not enough signed up on our May Constellation cruise, nor our August Summit cruise. On the second of our B2B2B cruises, ten signed up, but only six showed up. The conversation, champagne, wine and food were all lovely.

The poached pear salad was fantastic!

We enjoyed this, and it's probalby a one and done thing for us. The Chef's Table (French) on Azamara was significantly better and half the price. 

My understanding is that the Chef's Table on Celebrity is not worth doing at all. 

Minimum is probably 4. Maximum depends on the size of the venue on each ship.  S class ships can comfortably hold 10, possibly 12. E class it looks like they use a part of Fine Cut opposite the host/ess stand.  Not very big, maybe seat 8 possibly 10.

I was told that the minimum was 8 and maximum was 10.  We had 9.

Everyone seated at one long table in Qzine, so you really could only talk to the people immediately across from you or next to you.

The menu posted above is the same we had. It was just ok. I expected much more.

There is a bit of push to buy bottles.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

On the Connie right now and the VC dinner sold out this cruise.

Did you attend?  How do you know?  I ask because I plan to sign up on the Beyond and was told “talk to the sommelier at dinner”.  But I don’t want to miss it by waiting to sign up.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Did you attend?  How do you know?  I ask because I plan to sign up on the Beyond and was told “talk to the sommelier at dinner”.  But I don’t want to miss it by waiting to sign up.

I asked two days into the cruise; it was sold out.  I'll go on the next leg (TA).  I've already asked my sommelier on this cruise to make sure I'm on the list next cruise.  I don't think there's a Cellar Masters on Beyond so I'd find a maitre d' and ask.

• 2 weeks later...

We were 4 last night at the Veuve Clicquot dinner on Constellation that was held in Tuscan on Deck 11.  I'm celiac with newly discovered shellfish allergy so my meal had modification of seared tuna for the scallops, and Gelato for the dessert.  Food was good, company was excellent.  This particular dinner (I've been to many) wasn't quite up to previous versions.  Very tasty meal but wouldn't necessarily repeat it on this ship with current staff, especially for $234.82 (199 + 18%).  There was absolutely nothing wrong but presentation was a bit, for lack of a better word, amateurish.  I enjoyed the meal, the wines, and the company.  We stayed very late. 🤓

20221030_113608.thumb.jpg.365af3b5d3bcddd9b44e78c902ab943b.jpg

• Thanks 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 10/14/2022 at 6:44 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Been there, done that. Great food, great drink. Note to self and others, if you do it, eat a snack in advance because the drink flows and so might the political commentary 😳.  

Political commentary? I'm in!!! Finally, a place where I can freely spout my opinions. I mean facts! 😄

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

We were 4 last night at the Veuve Clicquot dinner on Constellation that was held in Tuscan on Deck 11.  I'm celiac with newly discovered shellfish allergy so my meal had modification of seared tuna for the scallops, and Gelato for the dessert.  Food was good, company was excellent.  This particular dinner (I've been to many) wasn't quite up to previous versions.  Very tasty meal but wouldn't necessarily repeat it on this ship with current staff, especially for $234.82 (199 + 18%).  There was absolutely nothing wrong but presentation was a bit, for lack of a better word, amateurish.  I enjoyed the meal, the wines, and the company.  We stayed very late. 🤓

20221030_113608.thumb.jpg.365af3b5d3bcddd9b44e78c902ab943b.jpg

What was “amateurish” about it?

Just now, zitsky said:

What was “amateurish” about it?

I'll write more when I get home but two of the silliest mistakes were offering me bread after I specifically told them I was GF, but then not providing the usual GF bread option.  Next, omitting the caviar from my sea bass crudo, evidently thinking it is shellfish.  That one made me LOL and I corrected them so then the chef came out and carefully added it to my dish there at the table while the others waited. Remember, there were only 4 of us and it's a $235 meal.  Those might be first night MDR mistakes but really amateurish mid-cruise at the priciest meal on the ship.  (And there were several others.)

• Like 2