Double points

sross6019

I thought that Royal was giving double points for cruising at this time. Awhile back they said they were. We are in  JS in April so it is 2 points per night, but awhile ago we were told that we would be getting 4 points per night. Today, I was told by a RCCL rep that it was 2 points. Didn't think anything about it till I was talking to my husband. 

1 minute ago, sross6019 said:

I thought that Royal was giving double points for cruising at this time. Awhile back they said they were. We are in  JS in April so it is 2 points per night, but awhile ago we were told that we would be getting 4 points per night. Today, I was told by a RCCL rep that it was 2 points. Didn't think anything about it till I was talking to my husband. 

The double point cruises had to be booked before September 30, 2021, for sailings by Dec. 31, 2022. If yours was, then it is eligible. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sross6019 said:

We booked last summer, got off Navigator last week and were given 16 points for 4 nights in a JS.

• Like 1

We had 6 booked that would have been eligible. Now we have 2 because all the rest were cancelled by the cruise line. :classic_rolleyes: But we are remodeling the kitchen with the deposit and drink and dining package refunds. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Is there anywhere to verify the points that will be applied? I'm in a suite this June, that I booked about a year ago.

I have not seen any reference to being able to verify this ahead of time, at least not directly by yourself. You probably have to call reservations or maybe even C&A and they should be able to verify that your booking qualifies based on date the reservation was made and when the cruise date is.

Even then, I believe there have been a couple posts here where people reported that the double points were not automatically applied and they had to call after the fact to get them. Seems very rare.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hutcha said:

Is there anywhere to verify the points that will be applied? I'm in a suite this June, that I booked about a year ago.

check your booking date, it is prior to September 31st, you have been verified. Though you may need to call to get tge points added to your account after gfs fact. (As noted above) 

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

check your booking date, it is prior to September 31st, you have been verified. Though you may need to call to get tge points added to your account after gfs fact. (As noted above) 

30 days has September....:classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

A re-fare (to take advantage of a lower fare)on a cruise that was booked before sept 30 wouldnt affect the double points, would it?  The booking number remained the same so I assume it didnt change the double points.

Thanks!

Mike

2 minutes ago, Chipmoose said:

A re-fare (to take advantage of a lower fare)on a cruise that was booked before sept 30 wouldnt affect the double points, would it?  The booking number remained the same so I assume it didnt change the double points.

Thanks!

Mike

Nope. Your double points are safe if your booking number remains consistent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1