Door Decorating?

MrsTocko

Anyone know the current line on door decorating (with magnets) on NCL?

Can we?

We have a banner flag that we like to hang with magnets on the front of our cabin door.

I understand that if it is NOT allowed they will just move it to inside the room.  Just wondering what is currently happening on the ships at the moment.  I dont want to make extra work for the steward (they have enough to do) when I can just hang it in my room from the get go.

TIA,

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Allowed - no.  Enforced - probably not unless it is extreme.  Your room steward wants his/her tip.

Norwegian Cruise Line Bans Door Decorations (cruisecritic.com)

The article you referenced is from 2019.  We have sailed on four different NCL ships since then.  We saw door decorations on each of them, and there were no announcements from the bridge or in the Freestyle Daily requiring that they be removed.  Banning them may be the policy, but it hasn't been stringently enforced.

I personally love ducks - I am always taking pictures of them, and I can sit at the zoo and just watch them. My husband is not a fan of my duck favoritism.  I tell him that he should be glad I limit it to taking pictures on our digital camera and dont actually print them out.  Also that we dont have a duck room in the house. His mom loved pigs, and had a pig room and a bear room.  I am currently using the bear room as my home office.

I can also see where the rubber ducks can and and I would consider a petri dish of germs, and not really a good thing in the current climate.  I know that some love the tradition.  I have always wanted to do it, but when I get on the ship I forget about it.  Have also never seen one on a ship.

Don't want a debate on ducks or doors.  Thank you for the info about the door decorating.

Happy Sailing!