Any photos from rear facing cabins

Papadog

We will be on the Orion this coming may and have booked a rear facing cabin #3096, we were just wondering about the direction of the bed, and we also were told the balcony is larger, is that true. Is there an overhang on top of our balcony.We would appreciate any info if possible.

Thank you

No overhang. You can look at your ship’s deck plan on Viking’s website. This one is for Mars, but they’re all the same: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-mars.html

We had a rear-facing room; the bed faced toward the rear of the ship. Are you asking for a photo of the room, or photos taken from the balcony? 

I’ve never heard of different-sized balconies depending on which direction the rooms face. I believe balcony size is dependent only on room size. 

The deck plan appears to make the balcony look a little more shallow than other DVs but from the photo below it appears it might be a hair deeper, but not much.  

If the deck plan is correct, the aft facing rooms appear to be a hair wider. I guess that is how the room is rearranged to allow for the bed to face aft also. That was news to me.  

37C02BCD-203F-4354-8240-F84871D0AA0D.jpeg

We had 5110 once, and my recollection is that it was laid out just like starboard- and port- facing rooms.  The bed was parallel to the veranda, meaning it was facing port, not aft.

Edited by CoolBeansVA
Typo

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

No overhang. You can look at your ship’s deck plan on Viking’s website. This one is for Mars, but they’re all the same: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-mars.html

We had a rear-facing room; the bed faced toward the rear of the ship. Are you asking for a photo of the room, or photos taken from the balcony? 

I’ve never heard of different-sized balconies depending on which direction the rooms face. I believe balcony size is dependent only on room size. 

Any photos of the balcony and room layout would be appreciated, Thanks

• 5 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 1:21 PM, Papadog said:

Any photos of the balcony and room layout would be appreciated, Thanks

I haven’t been able to find any really good ones or a YouTube other than the mentioned one. Presuming our cruise in October isn’t canceled, I will try to take some good ones and perhaps a video also to show 5111 which we just got upgraded to from a DV2 on deck 6. Looking forward to the wake views…but perhaps not the long walk to the launderette 😂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I haven’t been able to find any really good ones or a YouTube other than the mentioned one. Presuming our cruise in October isn’t canceled, I will try to take some good ones and perhaps a video also to show 5111 which we just got upgraded to from a DV2 on deck 6. Looking forward to the wake views…but perhaps not the long walk to the launderette 😂

Congratulations Clayton getting 5111. We were in that stateroom  in October 2021. Malta to Barcelona. I will try to post the   picture from the balcony of 5111,t when I open the curtain on our first morning morning . Best view ever! The ship sailing right past us after she entered the harbor of image.thumb.jpeg.57a5f6c7f433841f9611d4a6cf14ed23.jpeg

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Azulann said:

Congratulations Clayton getting 5111. We were in that stateroom  in October 2021. Malta to Barcelona. I will try to post the   picture from the balcony of 5111,t when I open the curtain on our first morning morning . Best view ever! The ship sailing right past us after she entered the harbor of image.thumb.jpeg.57a5f6c7f433841f9611d4a6cf14ed23.jpeg

Thanks! ! know the view will be great what I would like to see is the size of the balcony-it looks larger (deeper) than the standard ones. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 11:59 AM, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks! ! know the view will be great what I would like to see is the size of the balcony-it looks larger (deeper) than the standard ones. 

Yes!  I am very intrigued with the size of the balcony due to how the railing seems to tilt inward.  Looking forward to seeing your pics.  🙂

• Like 1

We were in cabin 5111 last July on the Bermuda cruise.  Here are a few photos I took of the cabin and veranda.  We very much enjoyed this cabin, and I did get the feeling the aft veranda was a bit deeper than others.  
The one photo is of the Explorer Suite Veranda next door.  Very spacious.  

Becki

7D2C3F5B-D093-4508-BCB0-6DE661FE76B4.jpeg

A0CA3DC5-8DDA-4507-8713-8B11CEFF5C60.jpeg

D667F54B-79D8-4581-8C99-CAB030F0F04B.jpeg

01A39427-A6AB-4D8C-9B1A-0EE5192F9C99.jpeg

• Like 3