Future of SIX on Breakaway/Bliss?

uncjenny83

Wondering if anyone has any inside info on the future of the show SIX on the Breakaway and the Bliss. I am a huge fan of this show, and I'm about to book a March cruise on the Breakaway for myself and my daughter. I follow a few of the NCL cast members on Instagram, and it seems like the Bliss cast was let go early and is no longer doing shows, and then a Breakaway cast member mentioned something about 6 more weeks.

I'm going to call NCL this week and hopefully they will be able to tell me whether or not SIX is supposed to be showing in late March, but I wanted to check here first. I'm not totally convinced they'd be 100% honest because I wouldn't book this particular cruise if there's definitely no chance of seeing that show (other ports/cruise lines would be more convenient for me). I know nothing is guaranteed with Covid, but if they won't even be on the ship then I want to know that before I book anything.

2 hours ago, uncjenny83 said:

I'm going to call NCL this week ...... I'm not totally convinced they'd be 100% honest.....

I'm almost 100% sure the call center staff has absolutely no idea about the onboard entertainment besides what they can pull up from the website; honesty has nothing to do with it.

• Like 3

I was on the Bliss in mid-December and Six was scheduled but both performances were cancelled, supposedly for non-COVID medical reasons.  I'm slightly surprised if it's off the agenda because the Six cast is smaller than Jersey Boys, so you'd think the show would be easier logistically. Still, in the age of COVID, I'm not really shocked.

This can tie you over.  The actor playing Aragon was born for this role 🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, uncjenny83 said:

I am a huge fan of this show, and I'm about to book a March cruise on the Breakaway for myself and my daughter. . . 

I'm going to call NCL this week and hopefully they will be able to tell me whether or not SIX is supposed to be showing in late March, but I wanted to check here first. I'm not totally convinced they'd be 100% honest because I wouldn't book this particular cruise if there's definitely no chance of seeing that show (other ports/cruise lines would be more convenient for me). I know nothing is guaranteed with Covid, but if they won't even be on the ship then I want to know that before I book anything.

I do hope you get to see SIX on the Breakaway.   My wife and were on the Breakaway in October.  We saw SIX, the first time ever, and fell in love with it.  We had such a great time that we went back the next night (enjoyed it even more), and would have gone again if there'd been another performance.  The ship was only at about 38% capacity, so we had our pick of seats both nights, and no issue about getting a same-day reservation for that second night.

Ticket prices for SIX on Broadway at the time were $499 each plus fees for Premium Orchestra seats, which is most of the Orchestra.  We had premium seats in the Breakaway's lovely theatre, so that was about $2000 for equivalent Broadway tix.  I figure that means the cruise was nearly free.  🤣

We are going to be in the UK in the Fall, and just the other day we bought tickets for SIX in London; it should be great fun to see it there.  (Not to mention that the top ticket price there is about $92, including fees. Love the West End!)

I hope you get to cruise and see SIX again!

Ok, I have an encouraging update for those booked on the Breakaway. One of the current cast members was doing a Q&A on Instagram, and she told me that the current cast leaves on March 4, but that new Queens will be coming in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I do hope you get to see SIX on the Breakaway.   My wife and were on the Breakaway in October.  We saw SIX, the first time ever, and fell in love with it.  We had such a great time that we went back the next night (enjoyed it even more), and would have gone again if there'd been another performance.  The ship was only at about 38% capacity, so we had our pick of seats both nights, and no issue about getting a same-day reservation for that second night.

Ticket prices for SIX on Broadway at the time were $499 each plus fees for Premium Orchestra seats, which is most of the Orchestra.  We had premium seats in the Breakaway's lovely theatre, so that was about $2000 for equivalent Broadway tix.  I figure that means the cruise was nearly free.  🤣

We are going to be in the UK in the Fall, and just the other day we bought tickets for SIX in London; it should be great fun to see it there.  (Not to mention that the top ticket price there is about $92, including fees. Love the West End!)

I hope you get to cruise and see SIX again!

That's awesome! I am hoping to get to see it more than once too! We were lucky enough to see it on Broadway, but we got tickets back before the pandemic, so they were reasonably priced. I'd love to see it on the West End too! 

18 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I was on the Bliss in mid-December and Six was scheduled but both performances were cancelled, supposedly for non-COVID medical reasons.  I'm slightly surprised if it's off the agenda because the Six cast is smaller than Jersey Boys, so you'd think the show would be easier logistically. Still, in the age of COVID, I'm not really shocked.

This can tie you over.  The actor playing Aragon was born for this role 🙂

I have seen that- so funny! They are great, and I agree, the Aragon guy is definitely the best. 

22 hours ago, uncjenny83 said:

Wondering if anyone has any inside info on the future of the show SIX on the Breakaway and the Bliss. I am a huge fan of this show, and I'm about to book a March cruise on the Breakaway for myself and my daughter. I follow a few of the NCL cast members on Instagram, and it seems like the Bliss cast was let go early and is no longer doing shows, and then a Breakaway cast member mentioned something about 6 more weeks.

I'm sailing on Breakaway on March 20th and it shows SIX on my entertainment schedule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hutcha said:

I'm on the Bliss in 3 weeks. SIX is no longer listed in the cruise planner. Someone on my roll call put this up as new entertainment, starting 2/20. Don't know if it relates to SIX being pulled off or not.

image.png.399e526cd6db7f68eb3634d79db10396.png

FYI, this band is great. We saw them on the Getaway back in March 2020 before everything shut down. But they weren't a show in the theater, they played in Sid's

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

I'm sailing on Breakaway on March 20th and it shows SIX on my entertainment schedule.

Awesome, that's the date I'm looking at going! I'm feeling much better seeing that they are likely just changing casts.