Drink Package

aquarion

That's true. 

The packages exclude purchases made in the Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay and any self-service draft beer. 

However, you can purchase a beverage package just for Half Moon Cay.

The reason that it can't be used on the island and at the mini bar etc is because they don't have a Point of Sale machine at those locations (not sure why Chocolate Seduction is listed, though).  Yes, you do pay for that day in the drink package but you can use it the rest of the day,  You're only at HMC for  six or so hours...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aquarion said:

Do you not pay for that day in your drink package?

Yes. You will probably have drinks after returning from HMC - and maybe before you go. The HMC package is less than $30, including the gratuities for drinks with a menu price of $11 or less.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the 15 drinks per day is alcohol drinks or all drinks including water and specialty coffee. Also can one purchase a case of water (.5l) . at a reasonable price? On Princess in 2019 it was $7.00 for 12 bottle packages.

17 minutes ago, summer slope said:

The 15 limit is for all drinks. Speciality coffee, water, soft drinks.

That is true for the Signature and HMC Beverage Packages.  For the Elite Beverage Package it is a limit of 15 alcoholic beverages and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nhkroozer said:

Does anyone know if the 15 drinks per day is alcohol drinks or all drinks including water and specialty coffee. Also can one purchase a case of water (.5l) . at a reasonable price? On Princess in 2019 it was $7.00 for 12 bottle packages.

I remember being on a Carnival cruise a few years back where they also did the $7 (or so) price for a 12 pack of water.  Very reasonable.

You won't find that deal on HAL, at least not today.  Their least expensive is $49.56 for a 12 pack of 16 ounce Open Water aluminum cans.  Not sure if that includes the 18% mandatory tip or not.

You can bring on 1 12-pack per cabin of water in cans or paper cartons.  We brought on a 12 pack of LaCroix sparkling water in Dec.  No problems with it being sparkling--or still--water, just no sodas.

2 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

You won't find that deal on HAL, at least not today.  Their least expensive is $49.56 for a 12 pack of 16 ounce Open Water aluminum cans.  Not sure if that includes the 18% mandatory tip or not.

Yes the 12 16-ounce premium aluminum bottles of OPEN WATER (an electrolyte-packed purified bottled water) for $49.56 includes the gratuity. There is also package of 6 - 1 Liter glass bottles of Acqua Panna for $28.32. Both can be pre-purchased online. Already Booked, Cruise Activities, Beverages, Water.

5 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Yes. You will probably have drinks after returning from HMC - and maybe before you go. The HMC package is less than $30, including the gratuities for drinks with a menu price of $11 or less.

Do you purchase the HMC package on board or on the island? I hadn’t heard of that. 

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Yes the 12 16-ounce premium aluminum bottles of OPEN WATER (an electrolyte-packed purified bottled water) for $49.56 includes the gratuity. There is also package of 6 - 1 Liter glass bottles of Acqua Panna for $28.32. Both can be pre-purchased online. Already Booked, Cruise Activities, Beverages, Water.

Another option is to bring your own refillable drink bottle/canister and refill it from your room's sink tap.  Or buy an Open Water aluminum bottle, or two, onboard then refill and put in your room fridge.  They fit in the same space as a soda can, cool fast, and have a re-closable screw on cap.

If you're worried about drinking your room tap water--don't worry.  Your room's tap water is safe to drink.  It is the same processed, filtered water from the ship's water plant that is served across the ship in its bars and restaurants, including ice in your drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bucketlist22 said:

Do you purchase the HMC package on board or on the island? I hadn’t heard of that. 

You can pre purchase online or purchase onboard. I’m not sure about purchasing it on HMC though. We pre purchased online prior to our sailing and kept a careful eye on our shipboard account just to make sure we weren’t charged for each drink, but everything was fine and we had no problems. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I did not make the statement attributed to me in post #20. I think @ScoutDiver tried to quote me and then typed in the quoted area.

I am sorry.   I was not trying to mislead any one.   I just stated the faqs can be misleading.  I would delete the post if I could.

Edited by ScoutDiver

Is it possible to bring on  six pack of canned water when returning from a shore excursion? We do have the HIA Cruise Package. This included the Signature Drink package. 15 drink per day. $11. Max per drink. I didn’t realize that would include water. 

My last HAL cruise  prior to COVID we were allowed to carry on two bottles of wine at no charge. Is this still allowed. 

Thank you. We are sailing on N Statendam February 23. 

1 hour ago, days628 said:

Is it possible to bring on  six pack of canned water when returning from a shore excursion? We do have the HIA Cruise Package. This included the Signature Drink package. 15 drink per day. $11. Max per drink. I didn’t realize that would include water. 

My last HAL cruise  prior to COVID we were allowed to carry on two bottles of wine at no charge. Is this still allowed. 

The official word is that you cannot bring water onboard other than at embarkation.

All wine brought onboard is subject to the $20 corkage fee - unless stored for the duration of the cruise.

These rules went into effect in June 2021.