Disney's covid testing procedures

Wannacruise81

I would just like to see if I am getting this right about the embarkation procedures for my upcoming Disney cruise. 

When it comes to the safe passage website....I can download a picture of my vaccination card OR a negative test? So does this mean if I am vaccinated, I do not need to take a covid test before arriving to the pier like other cruise lines require 2 days before the cruise ?

It says all passengers will be tested at the pier. How was this experience? Was it a long wait? Do they charge for this test?

Thanks in advance for the information. 

5 hours ago, Wannacruise81 said:

I would just like to see if I am getting this right about the embarkation procedures for my upcoming Disney cruise. 

When it comes to the safe passage website....I can download a picture of my vaccination card OR a negative test? So does this mean if I am vaccinated, I do not need to take a covid test before arriving to the pier like other cruise lines require 2 days before the cruise ?

It says all passengers will be tested at the pier. How was this experience? Was it a long wait? Do they charge for this test?

Thanks in advance for the information. 

Only non-vaccinated people require the 2 day prior covid test.  All passengers (vaccinated or unvaccinated) will be given a covid test at the dock, before boarding.  I don't believe there's a charge for this test.  Generally the entire boarding process (arrival to boarding) takes about an hour, but can be longer.

From the DCL website:

Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This is a requirement for all Guests (US and international) ages 5 and older.

Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 4 and under must complete the testing requirements.

The test should be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted. 

In order to sail, all Guests (adults and children, regardless of age) must upload their proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. 

All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for unvaccinated Guests. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts—will be denied boarding.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Will Disney Cruiseline insurance refund our money should we test positive?  Or should we purchase an independent insurance policy?

I believe that insurance purchased (either through DCL or 3rd party) typically isn't refundable.

13 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I am talking about a refund for the cruise (with purchased insurance), not a refund on the insurance.

If you are denied boarding due to a positive test, currently, you have the choice of a full refund of your cruise fare OR a Future Cruise Credit of the full amount you've paid.  No insurance involved.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, Shmoo here said:

Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 4 and under must complete the testing requirements.

So my question is what about when we book a back to back cruise are we expected to take a PCR test onboard the ship sometime or will there be an exception?

15 hours ago, annhan said:

So my question is what about when we book a back to back cruise are we expected to take a PCR test onboard the ship sometime or will there be an exception?

I believe you just take the test after the first cruise before boarding for the second, in the terminal.

I found this on another forum regarding the B2B testing:

You still leave everything in your room. The process is pretty much the same as before, just with covid testing added between cruises. Testing is done in the tents outside, once all b2b clear you go back into terminal and eventually on ship. We were back on board within an hour of debarking.

• 2 weeks later...