The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

47 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:
54 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

But...I already am a rockstar!!  🎸🎼🎵🎶 😁

@Daniel A See, you left that out of your information to me.

Lol, if Gary didn't know (and he knows *all*) then the butlers might not know... they might treat you like an opera star instead. The horror! 😳😆

• Haha 5

On 10/26/2022 at 3:04 PM, RocketMan275 said:

It's a shame they use Nespresso instead of keurig.

It’s a shame they don’t have Nespresso Virtuo for regular coffee instead of just espresso. 🙂

Hi all,

Super excited for my first Haven cruise in a couple of weeks.  Can’t put this thread down!  I’ve learned so much from all of you!

Question about the sun deck:  I understand it’s designated as age 16+, but will anyone have an issue if our super mellow, well behaved 14 year old joins us?

54 minutes ago, LiMurr said:

Hi all,

Super excited for my first Haven cruise in a couple of weeks.  Can’t put this thread down!  I’ve learned so much from all of you!

Question about the sun deck:  I understand it’s designated as age 16+, but will anyone have an issue if our super mellow, well behaved 14 year old joins us?

On this thread, posts 1601 through 1613 or so, posted on 22 March, the question of under-sixteen youngsters on the Haven sun deck is asked.  Most of us responded there, if this is helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CDR Benson said:

On this thread, posts 1601 through 1613 or so, posted on 22 March, the question of under-sixteen youngsters on the Haven sun deck is asked.  Most of us responded there, if this is helpful.

Many thanks!  I’m reading through the whole thread and am at 1100 so far.  I’ll see it soon enough. 🙂

1 hour ago, LiMurr said:

Generally, some rules are absolute, and some rules are merely tools to fix problems when they occur.  The 16 and over rule is most likely the latter.  No crying or misbehaving children annoying the peace and quiet of the adult only area would be permitted to remain.  I'd imagine if one tried to bring an infant or toddler there it would probably be stopped by ship staff.

This rule is much like the lido reserved loungers' rules.  Only enforced when it becomes an issue, otherwise it's Laissez-faire.  That said, all it would take is one person to request enforcement of the rule.  I hope it works out for you.

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 2

I have a dress code code question.
It's not totally related to the Haven, but if I ask elsewhere on the board, it could start a battle, if not a war.  I am asking for information only, and I know that someone here knows!

How strict are the restaurants about no shorts after 6 pm?
My son is 10, and hates long pants.  He might consent to wear them if the temperature is below freezing, but indoors he doesn't. He does not wear jeans or torn clothes, btw.
Will they make an exception for reasonably behaved kids, or do we have to eat before 6?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mconthehighseas said:

Will they make an exception for reasonably behaved kids, or do we have to eat before 6?

If he's wearing khaki shorts and not flip flops on his feet then nobody is going to say anything in any restaurant.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jlowe420 said:

In the Haven last month on the Prima and they said that rule no longer existed,

wow. that would be a major departure for the haven... to allow kids on the sun deck.

i'm sure that's exactly what they told you, but it sounds to me more like staff on the prima going rouge than an official policy. (there's a lot of that going around on the prima.) i just can't imagine NCL making this an official change to haven sun deck rules.

2 minutes ago, UKstages said:

wow. that would be a major departure for the haven... to allow kids on the sun deck.

I'm sure that's exactly what they told you, but it sounds to me more like staff on the prima going rouge than an official policy. (there's a lot of that going around on the prima.) i just can't imagine NCL making this an official change to haven sun deck rules.

Does the Haven sundeck have an infinity pool or hot tubs?

i've never sailed the haven on the prima. i know the sun decks typically have hot tubs, but so do the pool areas in the havens i've been in.

i was responding to the poster who said the kids were running amok and the "the rule" no longer existed. he in turn was responding to the poster who asked if sun deck access was restricted to those 16 and above. so i assumed he was talking about the sun deck. as access to the pool area in the haven is not restricted to adults only.

for what it's worth, the prima's web pages on NCL.com still say the sun deck is restricted to 16+.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NikkiPoooo27 said:

If he's wearing khaki shorts and not flip flops on his feet then nobody is going to say anything in any restaurant.

Thank you so much! We just went shopping, and got khaki shorts that are comfortable!

My stress level went down significantly

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Does the Haven sundeck have an infinity pool or hot tubs?

The haven on the Prima has two small hot tubs on the top floor (deck 17) and an infinity pool at the rear of the ship (deck 16).

I wasnt the person that did it. but a friend of my party went an mentioned specifically to the concierge that kids were not supposed to be allowed on the sun deck and was told that was not correct.  They did not go kick the kids out as we would have hoped. 

But probably correct, this was just the individual concierge and maybe not the "official" policy.

Because of those kids I was happy to have the vibe passes.

7 hours ago, mconthehighseas said:

Thank you so much! We just went shopping, and got khaki shorts that are comfortable!

My stress level went down significantly

They're more flexible with kids, because kids just have their *things*. My niece actually did wear flip flops to pretty much every meal on Breakaway in 2019 and nobody even looked twice. *I've* worn sparkly flip flops to Teppanyaki and nobody said anything. If you look like you went and got dressed for dinner, and everyone looks well put together in general then you'll be fine. 

Edited by NikkiPoooo27
Terrible grammar
  • Like 1

Thanks to this thread and @Sthrngary for giving out the information regarding booking specialty dining early.  I just got off the phone with the concierge and was able to book tables for 3 at the precise time and day we wanted.

Thanks to everybody who posted this information.  🙋‍♂️ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks to this thread and @Sthrngary for giving out the information regarding booking specialty dining early.  I just got off the phone with the concierge and was able to book tables for 3 at the precise time and day we wanted.

Thanks to everybody who posted this information.  🙋‍♂️ 

@Daniel A My pleasure.  The key to the NCL Haven, Celebrity Retreat, MSC Yacht Club and others, know what amenities you have, have to leverage them to exceed your personal need.  Never use an excuse that I hear so much like, I really don't need a Butler.  Instead realize, in life, it is rare to have others take care of you.  You are the one that takes care of you and your clan.  So learn to except service and kindness from other for your one week of vacation.  You and everyone deserve it. 

The other thing always to remember is, have realistic expectations.  Life is not perfect, you got to go with the flow.  That defines cruising pretty well.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, mconthehighseas said:

I have a dress code code question.
It's not totally related to the Haven, but if I ask elsewhere on the board, it could start a battle, if not a war.  I am asking for information only, and I know that someone here knows!

How strict are the restaurants about no shorts after 6 pm?
My son is 10, and hates long pants.  He might consent to wear them if the temperature is below freezing, but indoors he doesn't. He does not wear jeans or torn clothes, btw.

My husband and I have cruised in the Haven four times, three on Getaway and once on Joy. We do not step foot in Le Bistro, Ocean Blue, or the aft dining room as we refuse to take off our shorts. We wear shorts, flippie floppies, and t-shirts (think National Park t's, not fancy ones). Never once have we been denied service or asked to change in any dining room/restaurant, this includes the Haven Restaurant*. 

I know some are not supportive of our clothing choices, but we ensure staff are not put in a bad place by respecting the dress code of the afore-mentioned restaurants. That's why we don't try to go to them. I actually told my husband no when he requested we go to the Manhattan Room one evening. He saw other passengers allowed in with shorts and wanted to try it. We were not dressed in proper attire, therefore we went to Taste or Savor (I dunno which one). He was a little miffed at me, but I'd prefer to not put staff in a bind (awkward, please change sir conversation vs. sure, come in with other guests being upset at the host for seating us). 

So, kid or adult, you're welcome in all but a couple of the restaurants. The 6 PM curfew for penguin suits is Cunard. Other lines don't force enforce such silly rules (well maybe there's another out there I'm unaware of).

* I have heard Breakaway's Haven Restaurant may require long pants and closed-toe shoes for dinner. I haven't experienced this, but I have seen a sign on social media regarding this, along with various posters stating this to be their experience. That's why I denoted specifically which ships I have sailed in the Haven. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I know some are not supportive of our clothing choices, but we ensure staff are not put in a bad place by respecting the dress code of the afore-mentioned restaurants. 

As you would guess, I am one of that "some", but as to everything you state after the coördinating conjunction, you have my respect, sir.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

* I have heard Breakaway's Haven Restaurant may require long pants and closed-toe shoes for dinner. I haven't experienced this, but I have seen a sign on social media regarding this, along with various posters stating this to be their experience. That's why I denoted specifically which ships I have sailed in the Haven. 

There is this thread:

See post #78.

IIRC, I seem to remember seeing this placard last March on Breakaway.  I don't remember seeing shorts in the Restaurant for dinner.  BTW, I'm not a big fan of dress codes.  I wouldn't have a problem because someone chooses to wear shorts while dining in the Haven.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, knscruiser322 said:

I hope there isn't a dress code for the Haven restaurant as I plan to probably eat there the first night.

I'll have my shorts, maybe a button down or a t-shirt, and my boat shoes. 

Most, if not all, cruise lines that have dress codes make exceptions for first/last nights.  Many don't receive their luggage in time to dress for dinner on the first night.  Many have packed prior to dinner time on the last night.  

I've seen many dressed as  you describe in the Haven restaurant on all nights of the cruise.